Very Important Suggestions .. !!!

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.

Very Important Suggestions .. !!!

by almodoen on Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm

we need an option (feature) to wait a loaded page to be refreshed (by JS or whatever) and then continue the macro !

until it refresh it self !

and we specify how many times we need to wait ..

some thing like:
PWR (Page: Wait The Refresh) T (Times) = 1 (how many times , the Number of Refresh page to wait)

OR

WPR (Wait Page Refresh)

OR

WaitPR (Wait Page Refresh)

Command Example:
PWR T=3 //it will wait the page to be refreshed 3 times ..

and in the top of imacros sidebar (information bar) tell user how many page has been refreshed (like the current loading page time) ..

i hope this feature , it will be great ... instead of wait seconds ..

i hope you always update the old versions of the extention with these Suggestions , but ton't change it to be compitiable with the old version of firefox browsers , etc ..

and always make a know issues history on wiki site for old versions with date too and never change it ..
almodoen

Re: Very Important Suggestions .. !!!

by chivracq on Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:38 am

almodoen wrote:we need an option (feature) to wait a loaded page to be refreshed (by JS or whatever) and then continue the macro !

until it refresh it self !

and we specify how many times we need to wait ..

some thing like:
PWR (Page: Wait The Refresh) T (Times) = 1 (how many times , the Number of Refresh page to wait)

OR

WPR (Wait Page Refresh)

OR

WaitPR (Wait Page Refresh)

Command Example:
PWR T=3 //it will wait the page to be refreshed 3 times ..

and in the top of imacros sidebar (information bar) tell user how many page has been refreshed (like the current loading page time) ..

i hope this feature , it will be great ... instead of wait seconds ..

Yeah..., don't be too excited about "Very Important", I've been maintaining a List of EnhReq's for several years and I don't think one single one ever got implemented, so I wish you good luck with your "Very Important", ah-ah...! :twisted:

The Functionality that you want can already (easily) be achieved using the 'REFRESH' (or 'URL GOTO') Command + the 'WAIT' Command, in pure '.iim' or in a '.js' Script where you can simply repeat that Block of 2 Commands the Nb of times that you want as you already know that Nb.

The "main" Purpose of a 'REFRESH' is usually to "wait" until some 'TAG' Element has appeared for the Script to continue, so you never know in advance how many times you will want to refresh the Page.

If the 'REFRESH' needs to be Conditional, that can also be achieved using a '.js' Script, or in '.iim' using a "fake" 'TAB_2' (or by rather using 'URL GOTO' instead of 'REFRESH' which is "easier" to make Conditional in pure '.iim', (and is more "reliable" than 'REFRESH' anyway...), but there are Cases where 'REFRESH' and 'URL GOTO' behave differently...).

Your Implementation looks a bit "messy" to me, more "usable" in my Opinion would be to "extend" the already existing 'REFRESH' Command by adding 2 or 3 Parameters to that Command, for example:
Code: Select all
REFRESH N=5 INT=30 WAIT=YES

... with the following Parameters:
- 'N' = The Nb of times for the Refresh to happen, Default=1, '0'=Ignored, '-1'=Infinite.
- 'INT' = The Interval between 2 refreshes, in Seconds like the 'WAIT' Command. Minimum Value = '1'.
- 'WAIT' = If the Refresh will occur at "fixed" Intervals from the Start of a Refresh or if the Interval will start counting after the Page has finished loading or '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' has been reached. Hum..., is probably not needed, as this Functionality can indeed be controlled/tuned as well using '!TIMEOUT_PAGE' (+ '!ERRORIGNORE').

But OK, I will include your Sugg to "my" List of EnhReqs (I only maintain the List on the 2nd Page now), I will maybe wait "a little bit" if you have some "Feedback" on my Reply and Proposition for Implementation in this current Post, feel "free" to bump afterwards the 'EnhReq' Thread (to show your "Support"), and you can review the Full List as well of course, in case you find other EnhReq's "useful" and want to support them... :idea:

almodoen wrote:i hope you always update the old versions of the extention with these Suggestions , but ton't change it to be compitiable with the old version of firefox browsers , etc ..

and always make a know issues history on wiki site for old versions with date too and never change it ..

Not sure what you mean with "always update the old versions"..., but nope, older Versions are never updated, only the "last" one..., which then becomes a New Version, that's the Purpose of Software Versioning, ah-ah...!
iOpus/Ipswitch has until now never maintained more than one Main Version at the time, afaik (within a same Browser), but nothing prevents you from "taking" any Version and to fork it and to "customize" it the way you want, at least for the FF Add-on, (which can easily be decompiled and "customized"), like I've done myself several times (and it's quite Fun as well btw...)...

And concerning "always make a know[n] issues history on wiki site for old versions", yep this has already been in place from the beginning of iMacros and the Wiki, for example: iMacros for FF (Legacy) Version History.
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: Very Important Suggestions .. !!!

by chivracq on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Yep, "so Important" that @OP didn't even bother to follow up, more than 1 week later, sorry @OP but you are bit of a Joke, ah-ah...! :roll:
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Return to General Support & Discussions