New Tabs on IE 11

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
section85

New Tabs on IE 11

Post by section85 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:26 pm

VERSION BUILD=12.5.503.8802
Windows 10
IE version 11.407.17134.0
The Open6tabs demo does not work

In the IE version, I am trying to basically open tabs and change which tab is the focus tab and perform actions on the current focus tab. The focus seems to shift by using Tab T=1,2,3..etc, but when executing other code, like going to a URL, it only seems to work on the first tab, even if the focus tab not tab 1. For instance, if I want to open 3 tabs of google.ca, it only seems to open google on tab 1 3 times.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!
chivracq

Re: New Tabs on IE 11

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 am

section85 wrote:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=12.5.503.8802
Windows 10
IE version 11.407.17134.0
The Open6tabs demo does not work

In the IE version, I am trying to basically open tabs and change which tab is the focus tab and perform actions on the current focus tab. The focus seems to shift by using Tab T=1,2,3..etc, but when executing other code, like going to a URL, it only seems to work on the first tab, even if the focus tab not tab 1. For instance, if I want to open 3 tabs of google.ca, it only seems to open google on tab 1 3 times.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!
Sounds like a Bug, like a "huge Bug" even I would think, a bit "suspicious" that stg like that slipped through Test-Validation before that Version got released, but if I'm not mistaken, you are using the v12.5.503 'Free' Version for IE that just got released very recently, so... I don't know, could be possible...

But post the Script you are using to reproduce the Pb..., maybe you are making some "obvious" Mistake... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
section85

Post by section85 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:26 am

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I am using the free version, here's the exact version name from the install file: iMacrosFreewareSetup_12.5.503.8802_x64

I was actually thinking the same on my original coding but had to strip it down to the basics to realize it might not be me, which often times it is :lol: . Below is just a basic code I grabbed off the iMacro wiki, it just opens the google link in tab 1 instead of tab 2.

URL GOTO=https://imacros.net
TAB OPEN 
TAB T=2 
URL GOTO=http://www.google.com 
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 am

section85 wrote:Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I am using the free version, here's the exact version name from the install file: iMacrosFreewareSetup_12.5.503.8802_x64

I was actually thinking the same on my original coding but had to strip it down to the basics to realize it might not be me, which often times it is :lol: . Below is just a basic code I grabbed off the iMacro wiki, it just opens the google link in tab 1 instead of tab 2.

TAB OPEN 
TAB T=2 
Yeah, well, "quick", I had seen your Post much earlier actually (as I had to approve it, ah-ah...!), but I had to leave at that moment and am just back from "my Evening", oops...!

But, pfff..., your Script looks pretty "straightforward", I don't "really" want to install this 'Free' Version as I still have the previous Version for IE which is still not limited, (even if I don't really use it for myself), but I guess if I install "your" Version, I will simply be able to confirm your Finding, and "your" Bug will still be there...!
Even if I might be able to find some Workaround, but that will be some "short-term" Solution...

If iMacros is able to bring the Focus to 'TAB_2' after the 'TAB T=2' (=> meaning the 'URL GOTO' meant for 'TAB_2' but taking place on 'TAB_1' happens in the "Background"), you could try stg like:

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=0.2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BODY ATTR=*
[I'm "alerting" TechSup to have a look at your Thread, they'll be able to test and confirm in the same FCI...]
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
section85

Post by section85 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:41 pm

I tried the workaround you suggested and still does the same thing (i.e. loads the second link on tab 1 while tab 2 is the focus). Guess I'll just have to hang tight while tech support figures this out. How long do they usually take to find and roll out a fix for bugs?

Thanks again for your attention to this matter!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:27 am

section85 wrote:I tried the workaround you suggested and still does the same thing (i.e. loads the second link on tab 1 while tab 2 is the focus). Guess I'll just have to hang tight while tech support figures this out. How long do they usually take to find and roll out a fix for bugs?

Thanks again for your attention to this matter!
OK, sounds BAD, oops...! I guess I would probably manage to find some Workaround, but it's a bit "useless", there is obviously some very ugly Bug, re-oops...! :shock:

Alert to TechSup was "soft", in parallel with 2 other "soft Alerts", waiting for 7 or 8 days already, I'll send a more "Urgent" one tomorrow, together with a few other "Things"...

The "How long" depends really, as you can see more than 1 week sometimes, but I've seen the Developer release once a new Version on Xmas or NY Eve for one similar blocking Bug 2 or maybe 3 years ago... :wink:
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 pm

I tested this just now (on Windows 7) and was not able to reproduce the behavior. Both the minimal example provided by section85 as well as the Open6Tabs demo macro worked for me. Someone from the iMacros QA team will investigate further and test on Windows 10.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Our team was able to replicate the issue, and also confirmed that adding a small delay mitigated the issue in their tests:

TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
WAIT SECONDS=0.1
URL GOTO=https://www.google.com
@section85, I know you said this did not work for you, but would you please try this exact macro and different lengths of delay to see if you have any success.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
section85

Post by section85 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:03 pm

Just tried the proposed solution at 0.1,1,5, 10, and 30 seconds and still get the same issue.

Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide to help with this!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:40 pm

section85 wrote:Just tried the proposed solution at 0.1,1,5, 10, and 30 seconds and still get the same issue.

Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide to help with this!
Yes, please verify that the iMacros Browser Helper Object is enabled in your Internet Explorer by selecting Manage Add-ons from the Tools menu (or from the gear icon in the IE toolbar).

You want to make sure that both entries for iMacros listed there are enabled.
Manage Add-ons.png
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
section85

Post by section85 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Looks like that did the trick. Going to re-integrate this back into my main macros and report back if anything else comes up around this.

Thanks for helping with troubleshooting this Tom and chivracq! Really appreciate both of your attention to this!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:39 pm

section85 wrote:Looks like that did the trick. Going to re-integrate this back into my main macros and report back if anything else comes up around this.

Thanks for helping with troubleshooting this Tom and chivracq! Really appreciate both of your attention to this!
:D
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:50 pm

No problem, glad it's working now!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support