Link not opening in IE but opens in Chrome

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zirjeo

Link not opening in IE but opens in Chrome

Post by zirjeo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:38 pm

WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.499.3066

Have been using imacros in IE for years and all of a sudden it doesn't seem to be opening a link on a site that I typically use this code below on every day. Even when I manually click on the link it will not open but it opens in Chrome, it doesn't seem to work in Firefox either. Any idea? I will have to send you my login personally so you are able to access the page below if you could let me know how please. Thank you

URL GOTO=https://portal.amrock.com/Vendor/Tax/Or ... d=65169078
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Edit
chivracq

Re: Link not opening in IE but opens in Chrome

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 pm

zirjeo wrote:

Code: Select all

WIndows 10, IE11, VERSION BUILD=11.5.499.3066
Have been using imacros in IE for years and all of a sudden it doesn't seem to be opening a link on a site that I typically use this code below on every day. Even when I manually click on the link it will not open but it opens in Chrome, it doesn't seem to work in Firefox either. Any idea? I will have to send you my login personally so you are able to access the page below if you could let me know how please. Thank you

URL GOTO=https://portal.amrock.com/Vendor/Tax/OrderDetails.aspx?oid=65169078
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Edit
I could already have a look indeed if you want... For L&P, you can simply "fake" report your Post or mine in this Thread, you will get a Comment Field where you can "add" some Info, and I'll be the only one who can see that Info (+ the Forum Admin of course)...
Oh...!, and mention in your "Report" that it's a "fake Report" and meant for me, in case the Forum Admin happens to be checking the Forum at the same time...

I'd be able to have a look using the following FCI's, all on Win10_x64:

- IE v11.407 + iMacros for IE v12.0.
- Pale Moon v26.3.3 (=FF47) + iMacros for FF v8.8.2.
- FF v55.0.3 + iMacros for FF v8.9.7.
- FF v63.0.3 + iMacros for FF v10.0.2 'Free'.
- CR v67 + iMacros for CR v10.0.3/v10.0.5 'Free'.
- Edge (Win10 v1803_x64).
From the URL you've posted I indeed get redirected to some Login Page on this Site, but IE already seems to have some "Difficulties" with this Site, it only "managed" to finally load that Login Page "properly" after 3 Attempts...

But hum, if you mention that that 'Edit' Link doesn't work either in IE and FF if you click manually on it, chances are that iMacros won't be able to handle it either, the Page/Site will have probably been modified recently and is probably using some Code/Syntax behind that Link that is not supported by those Browsers/Versions...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
zirjeo

Post by zirjeo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:45 pm

Not seeing an option to report the post?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:03 pm

zirjeo wrote:Not seeing an option to report the post?
Beh...!, euh..., the '!' => 'Exclamation Mark' Button next to the 'Quote' Button for each Post... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:30 pm

OK, got it... I leave the "Report" open for the time being, in case the Forum Admin checks the Forum "tomorrow" and wants to have a look at your Case..., will be for "tomorrow" for me also, a bit late already for me now, had a busy and late WE and have a Friend over now... :wink:

Hum, and quoting your Report as it gives some supplementary and relevant Info and Steps to reproduce, that I will "lose" once the Report gets closed...:
I don't get it, all of a sudden clicking on any links doesn't work after all this time but chrome works. Also my company has a VPN and when I go through IE on the VPN it works. I don't like using their VPN because it blocks my personal internet connection. I tried uninstalling recent windows updates but didn't work. I guess it's worth a look if you have time. After login click on Tax Typing tab on top left and you can just go into the first order for Gwinnett - GA. Thanks!
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:50 am

chivracq wrote:But hum, if you mention that that 'Edit' Link doesn't work either in IE and FF if you click manually on it, chances are that iMacros won't be able to handle it either, the Page/Site will have probably been modified recently and is probably using some Code/Syntax behind that Link that is not supported by those Browsers/Versions...
Correct, this really isn't an iMacros issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:17 pm

OK, I was able to have a look at your Site... (I think I had already previously had a look at this Site, maybe from you from some previous Thread, or maybe some other User using the same Site...)

And hum..., everything seems to work fine for me, both manually and clicking on the 'Edit' Link through your mini-Script...
I checked on PM26 (+ v8.8.2 for FF) + FF55 (+ v8.9.7 for FF) + IE11 (+ v12.0 for IE).

Well on IE, I could only check manually, it looks like my iMacros Add-on got a bit "screwed" from some Testing for some other Thread a few weeks ago, and I would need to reinstall iMacros for IE, but manually worked fine in this Browser + with 2 other Versions of iMacros for FF.
(And I'm not using any VPN/Proxy...)

JS behind the 'Edit' Button:

javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$repParcels$ctl00$cpnl$lbtnEditParcel','')
And hum, for the first 2 Browsers I tried, I each time selected/opened the 1st Order, did my Testing on the 'Edit' Button with 'Cancel' afterwards each time, and 'Sign out'..., but I noticed by the 3rd Browser that I actually left the first 2 Orders locked..., and only by the 3rd one, I understood that 'Return to the Queue' would release the Order I had opened... I hope you know how to unlock the first Orders..., oops...! :oops: