What version of imacros is right for me (if any)

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
supermacro

What version of imacros is right for me (if any)

Post by supermacro » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 pm

So I was in the process of reading and trying to write a macro to do what I want and in the process of my reading I was pointed to imacro. I've read through the FAQ and watched some videos but still have a few unanswered questions, below is what I want to do hopefully someone can say if it's possible and what version is required to make it happen.

1.) I need to have a macro login to a website, copy the html data table that opens and paste it in a specific tab in the open workbook. After logging in there is are 2 inputs required, 1 is a date range to run the report for and the second is the serial number of what machine to run the report for. I would like it to pull these variables from cells in the worksheet, the login and password could be hardcoded in the macro or pull from cells.

2.) I will be the only one building and testing all the macros, but once they are built I am hoping I can export them to VBA and embed them into the spreadsheet. Reason for this is these sheets are used all over the company and there is no way I can walk everyone through installing imacro and learning how to run them.

Thank-you in advance for the help
Tom, Tech Support

Re: What version of imacros is right for me (if any)

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi supermacro,

Yes, you can do this with iMacros! Specifically, you need the iMacros scripting interface included with the Enterprise Edition. If you have already downloaded and installed the full trial along with the samples, you can find a sample Excel workbook with a couple of examples of how to integrate iMacros with Excel using VBA.
supermacro wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:14 pm
2.) I will be the only one building and testing all the macros, but once they are built I am hoping I can export them to VBA and embed them into the spreadsheet. Reason for this is these sheets are used all over the company and there is no way I can walk everyone through installing imacro and learning how to run them.
While it is possible to embed the macro code directly into a VBA macro, iMacros still needs to be installed and activated with at least a Player license in order to play the macros-, so you can't avoid installing iMacros for each of your users.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support