Run Javascript in iMacros 10

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
79c1r1ftvl7

Run Javascript in iMacros 10

Post by 79c1r1ftvl7 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 am

Sorry if this is a n00b question.
I've been using iMacros 9.0.3 on 52 for Mac but now I have a Windows 10 laptop.
On Windows I just installed Firefox 60.5.2esr with iMacros 10.0.2.1450.

I have some .iim and .js scripts I'd like use on the new setup.
The .iim seems to be working with straight copy and paste.
However, how can I run the javascript files on iMacros 10? It seems, without file access, everything is saved as a bookmarklet.
I tried taking a demo .iim file, replaced the code with .js code, and then renaming the file to .js - but this doesn't work.

What's the simple way to get iMacros 10 to run my .js scripts (which use iimPlay() )?
chivracq

Re: Run Javascript in iMacros 10

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 am

79c1r1ftvl7 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 am
Sorry if this is a n00b question.
I've been using iMacros 9.0.3 on 52 for Mac but now I have a Windows 10 laptop.
On Windows I just installed Firefox 60.5.2esr with iMacros 10.0.2.1450.

I have some .iim and .js scripts I'd like use on the new setup.
The .iim seems to be working with straight copy and paste.
However, how can I run the javascript files on iMacros 10? It seems, without file access, everything is saved as a bookmarklet.
I tried taking a demo .iim file, replaced the code with .js code, and then renaming the file to .js - but this doesn't work.

What's the simple way to get iMacros 10 to run my .js scripts (which use iimPlay() )?
Nope indeed, v10.0.2 for FF doesn't support [anymore|yet...?] '.js' Scripts..., and both for 'Free'/'PE', not mentioned in your FCI...
=> Documented in the Wiki...:
The built-in Javascript scripting interface for playing .js files is no longer available.
The "closest" way to keep using your '.js' Scripts is to enclose/embed those in some '.HTML' Page, if you didn't had any "fancy"/"over-kinky"/"exaggerated" Conditional Logic, but hum..., pretty cumbersome, and no success guaranteed, and all 'iimXXX()' Commands won't work anyway...
... Or to convert your '.js' Scripts to pure '.iim' Scripts using "my Methods"... 8) (works for all super-ueber-over-kinky Conditional Logic Scenarios), or get the 'Enterprise' Edition...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...