Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "A:" with attribute(s)

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
1215Bert

Post by 1215Bert » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:05 pm

Hello world,

I have a problem:

with:
windows 10 IE

My script:

TAG POS=2 TYPE=BUTTON ATTR=ID:dLabel
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:CSV
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:data:application/vnd.ms-excel;base64

Returns:

What can/must I do.
Thanks in advance for helping me

best wishes

Bert
chivracq

Re: Error -1300: Cannot find HTML element of type "A:" with attribute(s)

Post by chivracq » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:06 pm

1215Bert wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:05 pm
Hello world,

I have a problem:

with:
windows 10 IE

My script:

Code: Select all

TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:CSV
TAG POS=3 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Excel
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:data:application/vnd.ms-excel;base64
Returns:

What can/must I do.
Thanks in advance for helping me

best wishes

Bert
Your Scenario/Pb is a bit vague, to be honest..., and doesn't sound related to 'Data Extraction' (your Thread will probably get moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum)...

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

No URL posted, then there is not much we can do to help you..., and you've truncated the RuntimeError, it's not even clear which Link ('A' Element is triggering it)...
=> Can you post the URL...? Or see if you can "link" your Pb to this Site maybe if your Site is behind L&P...

On the Site I linked to, after clicking on the 'Export to Excel' Button, there seems to be some "intermediary" Popup/Dialog Page which is the one triggering the 'ONDOWNLOAD' (from the 'OK' Button) and not the click on the 'Export to Excel' Button.

But the Click on this 'OK' Button doesn't get recorded ('TAG' nor 'EVENT' Mode), 'ONDIALOG' doesn't seem to help, maybe 'ONWEBPAGEDIALOG' might be able to deal with it as you are on IE, but I'm testing on FF (FF55 + v8.9.7) which doesn't support that Command. And the Site doesn't work on my Default Browser (Pale Moon v26.3.3), forcing me to test on FF where I only have 1 Profile and 2 Scripts running 24/24 + 1 more from time to time, so I cannot test for a long time.

I don't know what kind of Dialog/Popup this is, it's not a "Standard" Dialog, as it is not Modal and I can open several Download Instances in parallel and still interact with the Page (and all Frames) in the Background... Provide more/the missing Info and I will "soft" alert TechSup if they want to have a look at your case...

Hum and @TechSup, I noticed the 'EVENT' Mode seems to be a little bit "Buggy" ah-ah...! with 'ONDOWNLOAD' both in Record + Replay Modes, and behaves completely differently from the 'TAG' Mode... :?
(I was using v8.9.7 for FF (+ FF v55.0.3 on Win10_x64), OK, not the "latest" Version on FF, but this has never been reported, so I guess v10.0.2 for FF won't do any better...)
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...