text being reset on form submit

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
questions

text being reset on form submit

Post by questions » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 pm

I have a simple form to fill out and everything is working perfectly except this problem:

1) when the form is submitted the text in the field is reset to the default value so that the wrong value is being sent in the form

The default value is 5, iMacros enters 10 just fine, but then when the form button is clicked by iMacros the 10 turns back to a 5.

There is only 1 text field on the page and the default is 5 and I need to enter 10 into that field and have that value sent with the form.

If I complete the form manually the value is not reset and I am able to send the value of 10 every time. It's only iMacros that it changes back to 5.

Does anyone know how to make iMacros keep the value in the text box?
GabeS

Re: text being reset on form submit

Post by GabeS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:58 pm

questions wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 pm
I have a simple form to fill out and everything is working perfectly except this problem:

1) when the form is submitted the text in the field is reset to the default value so that the wrong value is being sent in the form

The default value is 5, iMacros enters 10 just fine, but usps tracking then when the form button is clicked by iMacros the 10 turns back to a 5.

There is only 1 text field on the page and the default is 5 and I need to enter 10 into that field and have that value sent with the form.

If I complete the form manually the value is not reset and I am able to send the value of 10 every time. It's only iMacros that it changes back to 5.

I also need help with the same. Help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
gabe
Last edited by GabeS on Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chivracq

Re: text being reset on form submit

Post by chivracq » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:17 pm

questions wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 pm

The default value is 5, iMacros enters 10 just fine, but then when the form button is clicked by iMacros the 10 turns back to a 5.

GabeS wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:58 pm
I also need help with the same. Help is highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
gabe
Hum, @GabeS, Thread never got any Reply because of Quality too low (FCI not mentioned, no Script posted, no URL), and your Post is of even lower Quality... :roll:

Solution for you both will be very Site Specific, if you hope for some Help/Solution, you can better open your own (standalone) Thread (in the 'General' Sub-Forum also), where you'll hopefully give all "needed"/required Info for any Advanced User to be able to help you... :idea:
(And you should (both) read the Forum Rules maybe..., and my Sig also... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...