How do I turn off Compatibility Mode

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Jaffey

How do I turn off Compatibility Mode

Post by Jaffey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Greetings,

I am trying to remove/disable Compatibility Mode in the iMacros browser becasue a site I am accessing requires it to be turned off. They even provide instructions for how to disable it in various browsers. Ex:

Removing Compatibility Mode: Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer on your system
a. Go to the settings icon in the upper right hand corner of the page (red arrow).
2. Select Compatibility View settings from the drop down list (red arrow).
3. Uncheck the tick box labelled Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View (red arrow).
4. To complete the process, click on Close (blue arrow). Compatibility mode is now off.

I have not been able to figure out how to do this in imacros and I can not access the site properly via the imacros browser. Can anyone advise how/if this can be done? I have searched the formum to no avail, although I did find the following post about how to turn it on which even includes a neat VBA macro that will turn it on for you if I am understanding it correctly.

https://wiki.imacros.net/IE9_Nags#What_ ... rol_use.3F
VBA script is here:
https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacrosBrowserEmulation.vbs

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jeff
chivracq

Re: How do I turn off Compatibility Mode

Post by chivracq » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Jaffey wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:07 pm
Greetings,

I am trying to remove/disable Compatibility Mode in the iMacros browser becasue a site I am accessing requires it to be turned off. They even provide instructions for how to disable it in various browsers. Ex:

Removing Compatibility Mode: Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet explorer on your system
a. Go to the settings icon in the upper right hand corner of the page (red arrow).
2. Select Compatibility View settings from the drop down list (red arrow).
3. Uncheck the tick box labelled Display Intranet sites in Compatibility View (red arrow).
4. To complete the process, click on Close (blue arrow). Compatibility mode is now off.

I have not been able to figure out how to do this in imacros and I can not access the site properly via the imacros browser. Can anyone advise how/if this can be done? I have searched the formum to no avail, although I did find the following post about how to turn it on which even includes a neat VBA macro that will turn it on for you if I am understanding it correctly.

https://wiki.imacros.net/IE9_Nags#What_ ... rol_use.3F
VBA script is here:
https://wiki.imacros.net/iMacrosBrowserEmulation.vbs

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Jeff
FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Hum, FCI not mentioned, which is not very "clever", Grrr...! :roll: , so..., depending on all possible Versions from your FCI for iMB + IE + OS, first check what Value you currently have in your Registry for 'FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION'\'iMacros.exe' (=> "9000" or "11000", I reckon...), and try setting it to some different Value one by one to see if that helps for this Site...
Valid Values seem to be: 8000 | 8888 | 9000 | 9999 | 10000 | 11000 | 11001.

And/or if none help, you can try to simply delete the 'iMacros.exe' Key in the 'FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION' Node.

The '.vbs' Script you referred to checks if that Key already exists and if it doesn't exist will create it, so that means that Key does not always exist, and can probably safely be removed... (You can always add it back manually if it doesn't help, or restore your Registry from making a Backup prior to modifying anything of course, if you don't feel "confident" with editing the Registry...)
I don't have that 'iMacros.exe' Key present myself in my Registry (Win10-Pro_x64 v1803, IE11)... But I don't have iMB installed either, ah-ah...! :P

And setting that Key to some "invalid" Value like "0000" for example is probably the same like deleting the Key, I guess...

And if you have some other Sites that might start behaving a bit "oddly" after modifying/deleting that 'iMacros.exe' Key because of that one specific Site that requires the Emulation/Compatibility Mode to be disabled, and you might need to toggle its "Existence"/"Value" regularly before running one or the other Script, you can create 2 mini-'.REG' Files (or '.vbs' or '.ps') to toggle that Key between the 2 States... :idea:
(I once created a similar "Solution" (with 2 mini-'.REG' Files) for some Advanced Settings related to my WiFi Network Driver, between being at home, or outside home, and also after each Win10 Cumulative Update that reinstalls many Drivers and sets several Advanced Settings I've previously "tuned" back to their Default Value...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Jaffey

Post by Jaffey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 am

Thanks for responding! Currently, I am running a demo version of imacros I downloaded today on a VMware desktop running windows server 2008 R2 SP1. I originally tried to access the site with my paid version (v8.01) with no success so I was hoping the demo would solve the problem. I used the vba script to force all the different values 8000 to 11000 using bother versions but didn't make a difference. I also installed the imacros add-on for IE but that didn't work either. I will try inserting a garbage value like you suggested as well as deleting the dword altogether if that doesn't work. I'll try the chrome and FF extensions after that. Thanks again.
Jaffey

Post by Jaffey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:07 am

Hi chivracq, I tried your suggestion and entered 0000 using the vba script and it worked! Thanks again for you help :D
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:55 am

Jaffey wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 am
Thanks for responding! Currently, I am running a demo version of imacros I downloaded today on a VMware desktop running windows server 2008 R2 SP1. I originally tried to access the site with my paid version (v8.01) with no success so I was hoping the demo would solve the problem. I used the vba script to force all the different values 8000 to 11000 using bother versions but didn't make a difference. I also installed the imacros add-on for IE but that didn't work either. I will try inserting a garbage value like you suggested as well as deleting the dword altogether if that doesn't work. I'll try the chrome and FF extensions after that. Thanks again.
Jaffey wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:07 am
Hi chivracq, I tried your suggestion and entered 0000 using the vba script and it worked! Thanks again for you help :D
Oh...!!, I was "preparing" some Reply to your first Reply, but OK, very good News then if the "0000" worked...! Good to hear...! :D

Hum, and OK, you didn't really mentioned if it works in both iMB Versions, (your "old" iMB v8.01 or the "latest" one), but if it was in the latest one, that will be iMB v12.5. 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...