Extract Table Info & Display it in PROMPT

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jhodgson14

Extract Table Info & Display it in PROMPT

Post by jhodgson14 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:30 am

Hi There,

Firstly, Windows 10, Free, CR75(DEV), VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR

Objective: Extract two pieces of information from order pages and display them to the user in a PROMPT dialog box.

At the end of an ordering process we use it gives you the info you need on two separate pages which is quite annoying. The info is provided in a table on each page and I'm wondering if there is a better method than what I currently have in mind.

Currently this is my script;

Code: Select all

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Assemble
TAG POS=7 TYPE=TABLE ATTR=TXT:* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Assembled
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Assemble
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !VAR3 ("'{{!VAR1}}'.concat('{{!VAR2}}')");
PROMPT "{{!VAR3}}
The table that each site gives looks like this;
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.09.11.png
Of course currently after the concat, the info is presented like this in the PROMPT window
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.23.23.png
My javascript knowledge is limited so the only way I know to get this to make sense would be lots of substrg's & slices.

Is there a better way to achieve this end goal?

Many Thanks J
chivracq

Re: Extract Table Info & Display it in PROMPT

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:58 pm

jhodgson14 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:30 am
Hi There,

Firstly,

Windows 10, Free, CR75(DEV), VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
Objective: Extract two pieces of information from order pages and display them to the user in a PROMPT dialog box.

At the end of an ordering process we use it gives you the info you need on two separate pages which is quite annoying. The info is provided in a table on each page and I'm wondering if there is a better method than what I currently have in mind.

Currently this is my script;

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Assemble
SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
TAG POS=2 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Assemble
SET !VAR2 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !VAR3 ("'{{!VAR1}}'.concat('{{!VAR2}}')");
PROMPT "{{!VAR3}}
The table that each site gives looks like this;
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.09.11.png

Of course currently after the concat, the info is presented like this in the PROMPT window
Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 12.23.23.png

My javascript knowledge is limited so the only way I know to get this to make sense would be lots of substrg's & slices.

Is there a better way to achieve this end goal?

Many Thanks J
Alright... OK, you are making a few "Mistakes": :wink:
1- You need to add a "SET !EXTRACT NULL" just before the 2nd 'EXTRACT', or the 1st 'EXTRACT' is also taken into your '!VAR2'.
2- 'concat()' is a JS Method, and can only be used inside 'EVAL()' when you are constructing your '!VAR3'.
3- And even with 'EVAL()', your final ';' would also need to be inside 'EVAL()', before the closing _")_.

Instead of 'concat()' you can also use a simple '+' to concatenate 2 Strings. The Syntax is much simpler...
Instead of 'EVAL()' + 'concat()' (or '+'), you can also use the 'ADD' Command.
You can also do the Concatenation and final Layout directly in the 'PROMPT' by using '<SP>' (Space) and '<BR>' (Line Break):

PROMPT VAR1:<SP>_{{!VAR1}}_<BR><BR>VAR2:<SP>_{{!VAR2}}_
(Avoid using any '!' from '!VARn' for example directly in the 'PROMPT' for displaying Text or you get some "unpredictable" Results as iMacros then thinks those will be Input Vars...)

BUT...!, I think I had noticed that v10.0.x for CR has a Bug with '<BR>' in the 'PROMPT' which is replaced by a Space, you might want to try with '\r' instead (without the Single Quotes). I'm a bit "surprised" nobody ever reported it and complained, I guess '\r' or '\r\n' is probably the Workaround and all Users managed to find it...

And hum..., the 'EXTRACT' on the 'TYPE=TABLE' is maybe a little bit "too powerful" for your Need, you might want to only extract the few Fields that you "really" need/want in the 'PROMPT' instead of extracting all Cells from those 2 Tables as it also extracts the Title and many empty Cells...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jhodgson14

Post by jhodgson14 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:17 am

Hi Chivracq,

Thanks for the above I got it working in the end!

The only thing that I'm struggling with is the line break, can't seem to get <BR>, \r or \r\n to work within the Prompt window. It just put the command in as part of the Plain Text. Any thoughts?

Thanks Jake
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 pm

jhodgson14 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:17 am
Hi Chivracq,

Thanks for the above I got it working in the end!

The only thing that I'm struggling with is the line break, can't seem to get <BR>, \r or \r\n to work within the Prompt window. It just put the command in as part of the Plain Text. Any thoughts?

Thanks Jake
Oh...!, some Follow-up, about 2 weeks later, youpidoo...!! 8)

Hum, "got it working", yeah well, then post/share your final/current Script... :idea:

About the Line Break, I'll see from your "current" Script to do some Testing..., if I can find some Workaround, as I think, I had noticed this "buggy" Behaviour, but I'm surprised nobody ever mentioned/complained (about) it...
But hum, that's v10.0.5 for CR, pfff..., Grrr..., I hate this stupid CR Browser that takes about 1/2 hour each time to start, (as I only use it for the Forum), before it has updated itself + any Add-ons/Plugins...

OK, and don't take 2 weeks to follow up again, that's too long for me... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 am

Hum, and I guess I won't be "impressed' by the Follow-up "AGAIN"...!!, no Reply AGAIN 2 days later..., sorry but this a bit "ridiculous" AGAIN...! :roll:

OK, good luck if anybody else replies and tries to help you but I'm a bit "out"... :x :|