Fill a textarea based on given innerhtml of a span

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
MacroHaxxor

Fill a textarea based on given innerhtml of a span

Post by MacroHaxxor » Fri May 31, 2019 9:15 am

How do I create a lookup in iMacros where based on what a certain span contains as a text, I fill a textarea accordingly?
For a repetitive quiz for example
Does iMacros support this?
chivracq

Re: Fill a textarea based on given innerhtml of a span

Post by chivracq » Fri May 31, 2019 9:40 am

MacroHaxxor wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:15 am
How do I create a lookup in iMacros where based on what a certain span contains as a text, I fill a textarea accordingly?
For a repetitive quiz for example
Does iMacros support this?
Your Qt/Scenario is very vague...! :roll:
What is the Pb, what have you tried and where do you get stuck...?

iMacros is for Web-Automation, so if you just want to know if you can implement what you want with iMacros, then yep, of course it "supports this"...! 8)
Now you can download and install iMacros, and start making your Script...! :D

iMacros doesn't "use" natively their 'innerHTML' Property to locate and interact with HTML Elements, it uses other Mechanisms... Well, actually it does, but that Process is already taken care by iMacros itself through the Use of a simplified Syntax with its own Commands... But it's a bit pointless at this stage to start explaining "Things" and how it works until you've "plaid" yourself a bit with it and have read a bit of the Documentation... :idea:
But if you already "knew" about Terms like "innerHTML" and "SPAN", then iMacros is very easy to use... :D
- (F)CIM = (Full) Config Info Missing: iMacros + Browser + OS with all 3 Versions...
- I usually don't even read the Question if that (required) Info is not mentioned...
- Script & URL usually help a lot for a more "educated" Help...
rahul21

Re: Fill a textarea based on given innerhtml of a span

Post by rahul21 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Thanks for sharing an insight on this in the last comment.