run javascript code

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
techimac

run javascript code

Post by techimac » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 am

https://imacros.net/store/compare-versions/

Which iMacros version can run js script?
chivracq

Re: run javascript code

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 am

techimac wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 am
https://imacros.net/store/compare-versions/

Which iMacros version can run js script?

=> v8.9.7 for FF...! 8)

=> + FF v55.0.3 / PM28 / WF51 and other Browsers forked on FF that didn't adopt the WebExtensions Architecture, + 'CyberFox' also but I don't know which Version, oh...!, and 'Basilisk' also, but for both the "latest"/"current" Version I think... 8)
(PM = Pale Moon // WF = WaterFox)

:arrow: Most used FCI's (with v8.9.7 for FF) are with FF v55.0.3 > PM28 > WF51 > Basilisk (v?).
I haven't "heard" about 'CyberFox' for quite a while actually, I don't really know if that Browser is still "compatible" with v8.9.7 for FF, might need some Confirmation from some User, I've never used/tested it myself... :?

FCI's I use/maintain myself:

Code: Select all

- v8.9.7 for FF + FF v55.0.3.
- v8.8.2 for FF + PM v26.3.3.
I don't use any '.js' Scripts myself, the PM26 is my "Prod" FCI, I'll need to check "one day" if I can update to PM28, (+ v8.9.7 for FF), my (daily) 50,000-100,000 Lines of Codes depend "a bit heavily" on the 'FILTER' Command that got broken and became completely useless from FF52... :roll:
So I'll need to do a bit of "Testing" before "updating", but as long as it "works", I don't really feel like updating... :wink:

Hum, and I'm nearly happy you are asking "Which iMacros version", with "version" => Singular, ah-ah...!
=>Yep, I only mention v8.9.7, and I don't mention v9.0.3, and don't ask why (too buggy and limited :oops: ), or I will "get some Pb's with TechSup", ah-ah...! :wink: )

>>>

Hum, and I was going to say, "Compliment @techimac...": :D
Very-very first time since you've joined the Forum that you open a Thread in the "correct" Sub-Forum :shock: and not in the 'FF' one like "always" :shock: :shock: , even if oops, this one actually belongs to the 'FF' Sub-Forum, ah-ah...! :P

But hum, I think I would hesitate myself if I didn't know anything/much about iMacros, then hum, OK, I would say this Sub-Forum is probably also OK, I guess... Even if, hum..., any User(s) asking about '.js' Scripts "normally" already know(s) that those only run on FF... :)

(TechSup will see your Thread anyway and will move it to the 'FF' Sub-Forum if they feel it "rather" belongs there... :wink: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
techimac

Post by techimac » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am

js script doesnt run in iMacros browser?

problem is shopify website opens on chrome/firefox (latest)
used to change useragent of Firefox 56 to Chrome and make it work
now this approach don't work

so wondering how to run js script now
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:12 am

techimac wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am
js script doesnt run in iMacros browser?

now this approach don't work

so wondering how to run js script now

"js script doesnt run in iMacros browser?"
=> Beh, pffhk_sjdffk3l_@@@@_k34sllsk..., NO, of course...!!, has never worked...!! :shock:

I don't really "get it" @techimac, you've been "profiling" yourself as a "Professional" iMacros Programmer on the Forum since I've seen you active on the Forum, but you keep asking some "Newbies" Qt's in nearly all your Threads...! :?
=> No, '.js' Scripts have never worked in iMB...!, hum..., unless you know of some "external" JS Runtime Engine (and "External" means "No Browser"...) that could be controlled from the 'SI' (Scripting Interface).

I don't exactly understand what you mean, a bit tired of asking "the right Qt's" in all your "Low Qlt Threads", sorry...!, give more Details...! :roll:

=> Your "used to change useragent of Firefox 56 to Chrome" is pretty vague if you don't mention to which CR-UA you were changing your UA, pfff...! :roll:
=> Update your UA-DB to some later CR-UA maybe I would think, but I don't know, all your Posts are of such Low Qlt that it's nearly impossible to help you if you can't/don't provide the "needed" Info...! (and don't do any Attempt by yourself to solve your "Pb"...) :roll:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
techimac

Post by techimac » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:45 am

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... aswitcher/
Changed useragent to Chrome

is it possible to run iMacros script in Chrome from external source?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:16 am

techimac wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:45 am
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... aswitcher/
Changed useragent to Chrome

is it possible to run iMacros script in Chrome from external source?

Oh...!!, I was looking for your Thread, ah-ah...! It had disappeared from the 'Installation' Sub-Forum, and I could see that TehSup had "moved" it to some other Sub-Forum, but I took for "granted" it was to the 'FF' Sub-Forum..., ah-ah...! => Nope thus, to the 'General' one, ah-ah...! OK, found it anyway...! 8)

But hum, OK, I had a long and/or short, hum can't be both I guess, => "or" only, => OK, I'll go for the "SHORT" Answer...:

=> What Version of 'UA-Switcher' are you using...?
=> And pfff, start from the beginning...: => CIM...!!!! :mrgreen:
You started your Thread as a completely general Qt, but it's getting more and more restricted to the FCI you are currently using... I already completely and fully answered your OP otherwise in my first Reply... :roll:

=> Already asked...! :roll: => To which CR Version did you change your UA...?
=> What is the latest/highest UA-CR Version available in your UA-DB...?
=> And when did you last update it...?
(For myself => [CR62, Win10_x64], 6 months ago...)

>>>

"is it possible to run iMacros script in Chrome from external source?"
=> I don't understand what you mean with "from external source"...!?
(This part would have been the "LONG" Answer, ah-ah...! Glad I didn't do it, ah-ah...! 8) )
=> + FCIM of course about your CR FCI...!?

And again @techimac, very Low Qlt each time you ask a Qt, again and again...! :roll: , that I need to ask 10 Qt's to understand what you want...! Pfff, a bit useless, sorry....! :roll:
Hum, glad I didn't give you the "long" Answer, was full of if-if-if-if, and even more Qt's, ah-ah...!! :shock: