Extracting users in instagram (in the likes of the photo)

Discussions and Tech Support related to website data extraction, screen scraping and data mining using iMacros.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
sebaa

Extracting users in instagram (in the likes of the photo)

Post by sebaa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi everybody! i am new on imacros scripting and i am not a programmer. I know very little about programming and I only adapt the command lines and analyze how they work, so I am making the program work.

I managed to learn about imacros at this time but still I need to explain step by step all detailed how to run the following program.

I make a video explain the problem.
Please look at the cursor carefully and interpret how it works, it's simple

https://youtu.be/tMbF3CawzRU

My goal is as follows: Open the profile of a user, select a photo and enter the "Like", within the "I like" enter the profile of each person to extract the username "URL".

The problem is that my program only extracts 11 users (Those that appear as "DIV" in the instagram code).

I designed another program which appears at the beginning of the video to demonstrate how it extracts perfectly but this is ONLY for FOLLOWERS - FOLLOWED.
Analyze the instagram code and this code allows me to "preload" the number of people I need and this makes the program WORK. Unlike the previous one (within the "LIKES" IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME "PRE LOAD" USERS and this limits the program (LOOP = 12-15-20-30-etc. It stops working with error # EANF #).

First program ( VIDEO ) code: "FOLLOWES AND FOLLOWED (ONLY) "

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:FPmhX<SP>notranslate<SP>_0imsa EXTRACT=HREF

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

'Check EXTRACT
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!VAR1}}
WAIT SECONDS=2

MY GOALS CODE ( SECOND and the one that causes the problem ) " ON LIKES PHOTO "

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:_7UhW9<SP>xLCgt<SP>qyrsm<SP>KV-D4<SP>fDxYl<SP>rWtOq EXTRACT=TXT

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

'Check EXTRACT
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://www.instagram.com/{{!VAR1}}
WAIT SECONDS=2

Sorry for my bad English, it was translated with Google Translator
HELP ME PLEASE!

Windows 10 x64
Chrome Versión 76.0.3809.132 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
Chrome Imacros FREE 10.0.5
Firefox 69.0 (64-bit)
Firefox Imacros FREE 10.0.2.1450
( It works on both ) but i prefer firefox for Imacros.

I don't think they need anything more than this.
I am looking to extract the number of users that I need (20-30-50 users within the likes of the photo)
Apparently the DIV structure does not allow pre-loading users and I don't know how to solve this in order to extract the number of users that I want

THANKS YOU FOR READ ME!
Last edited by sebaa on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chivracq

Re: [PROBLEM] extracting users in instagram (in the likes of the photo)

Post by chivracq » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:11 pm

sebaa wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm

Windows 10 x64
Chrome 10.0.5  and Firefox 10.0.2.1450
 ( It works on both ) but i prefer firefox for Imacros.
Hi everybody! i am new on imacros scripting and i am not a programmer. I know very little about programming and I only adapt the command lines and analyze how they work, so I am making the program work.

I managed to learn about imacros at this time but still I need to explain step by step all detailed how to run the following program.

I make a video explain the problem.
Please look at the cursor carefully and interpret how it works, it's simple

https://youtu.be/tMbF3CawzRU

My goal is as follows: Open the profile of a user, select a photo and enter the "Like", within the "I like" enter the profile of each person to extract the username "URL".

The problem is that my program only extracts 11 users (Those that appear as "DIV" in the instagram code).

I designed another program which appears at the beginning of the video to demonstrate how it extracts perfectly but this is ONLY for FOLLOWERS - FOLLOWED.
Analyze the instagram code and this code allows me to "preload" the number of people I need and this makes the program WORK. Unlike the previous one (within the "LIKES" IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME "PRE LOAD" USERS and this limits the program (LOOP = 12-15-20-30-etc. It stops working with error # EANF #).

First program ( VIDEO ) code: "FOLLOWES AND FOLLOWED (ONLY) "

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=A ATTR=CLASS:FPmhX<SP>notranslate<SP>_0imsa EXTRACT=HREF

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

'Check EXTRACT
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO={{!VAR1}}
WAIT SECONDS=2

MY GOALS CODE ( SECOND and the one that causes the problem ) " ON LIKES PHOTO "

SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1

TAG POS={{!LOOP}} TYPE=DIV ATTR=CLASS:_7UhW9<SP>xLCgt<SP>qyrsm<SP>KV-D4<SP>fDxYl<SP>rWtOq EXTRACT=TXT

SET !VAR1 {{!EXTRACT}}
SET !EXTRACT NULL

'Check EXTRACT
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://www.instagram.com/{{!VAR1}}
WAIT SECONDS=2

Sorry for my bad English, it was translated with Google Translator
HELP ME PLEASE!

Windows 10 x64
Chrome 10.0.5 and Firefox 10.0.2.1450 ( It works on both ) but i prefer firefox for Imacros.

I don't think they need anything more than this.
I am looking to extract the number of users that I need (20-30-50 users within the likes of the photo)
Apparently the DIV structure does not allow pre-loading users and I don't know how to solve this in order to extract the number of users that I want

THANKS YOU FOR READ ME!

Post/Thread quickly approved before I have to go and DJ on this Saturday Night, ah-ah...! :wink:

Good Quality, nearly perfect...! :D

But...!;
- "[PROBLEM]" not needed in your Thread Title, only 0.1% of New Threads are about sharing a 'HowTo', the "other" 99.9% like your Thread are also about a Pb or Qt or looking for Help, so you can remove it... :!:

- FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
You did nearly good on that one..., but the Version of each Browser is missing for both FCI's...
+ You need also to mention if you are using the 'Free'/'PE' Version for both...?

And hum, good luck further (with other Users), I don't help myself for the Functionality that you want... (I don't help for Social Media and Like/Follow/Comment/Extracting Followers...) :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sebaa

Re: Extracting users in instagram (in the likes of the photo)

Post by sebaa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Thanks for answer!

I already took your recommendations, you don't know how to help me with this?
Do you know anyone who can help me?

Successes in the club!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:07 am

sebaa wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 pm
Thanks for answer!

Successes in the club!

Alright, was a short Set, already back home, (was not a "Club" just a mini-private Party, was supposed to be a bit "bigger", ah-ah...!), hum, I might go out again actually, nearly too early for a Sa. evening... (But I need(ed) to drop my Laptop and Equipment at home before getting drunk "somewhere", ah-ah...! But nice "Connection" tonight, playing there again on Tu. evening... 8) )

OK, perfect about your Thread Title, Thanks for that..., and about your FCI:

Windows 10 x64

Firefox 69.0 (64-bit)
(Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw, and not "Imacros"... :wink: )
you don't know how to help me with this?
=> Yep, of course I do, but like I mentioned in my previous Reply, I personally and "ethically" (deliberately) don't help for Social Media... :P
But hum, you are one of the "nicest" Posters on the Forum actually, from the Quality of your OP + your friendly Reply (is stupidly/strangely so rare that I have to mention it, ah-ah...! :shock: ), you still have a "Chance" with 2 or 3 other Advanced Users who might be willing to help you... :wink:

Most (=> >95%) Users who want to use iMacros for Social Media and Like/Follow/Comment/Extract Likers/Followers usually have a very aggressive and Spammer's "Attitude" (which they all are of course...! :roll: ) that I don't like, and I don't "support" that Use of iMacros anyway, Reason I don't help for that... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
sebaa

Post by sebaa » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:51 pm

chivracq wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:07 am
sebaa wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:59 pm
Thanks for answer!

Successes in the club!

Alright, was a short Set, already back home, (was not a "Club" just a mini-private Party, was supposed to be a bit "bigger", ah-ah...!), hum, I might go out again actually, nearly too early for a Sa. evening... (But I need(ed) to drop my Laptop and Equipment at home before getting drunk "somewhere", ah-ah...! But nice "Connection" tonight, playing there again on Tu. evening... 8) )

OK, perfect about your Thread Title, Thanks for that..., and about your FCI:

Windows 10 x64

Firefox 69.0 (64-bit)
(Correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw, and not "Imacros"... :wink: )
you don't know how to help me with this?
=> Yep, of course I do, but like I mentioned in my previous Reply, I personally and "ethically" (deliberately) don't help for Social Media... :P
But hum, you are one of the "nicest" Posters on the Forum actually, from the Quality of your OP + your friendly Reply (is stupidly/strangely so rare that I have to mention it, ah-ah...! :shock: ), you still have a "Chance" with 2 or 3 other Advanced Users who might be willing to help you... :wink:

Most (=> >95%) Users who want to use iMacros for Social Media and Like/Follow/Comment/Extract Likers/Followers usually have a very aggressive and Spammer's "Attitude" (which they all are of course...! :roll: ) that I don't like, and I don't "support" that Use of iMacros anyway, Reason I don't help for that... :wink:
I always get my attention, I remember when I was a kid and I had the virtual DJ hahah it was a lot of fun, I was thinking of buying the tracktor at the time but it was very expensive!

A friend is a DJ and taught me a few months ago to mix songs. it is fun!

My English is still a bad thing ..

I am glad to know that you are also a nice person! In other posts I read your comments (while learning about iMacros) and you felt your good vibes!

Thanks for the post, I dedicated the necessary time since I am interested in doing this in the best possible way, when I do something I try to do my best although in this case it really costs me and I am reaching my limits. That's why I told you about the problem that I don't know how to solve it, it is above my current capabilities.

Did you just mention that my goal can be realized? There is no limitation by instagram? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank you for taking the time to answer chivracq, I really appreciate the time !!