Fixing datasource_line must be positive integer

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
pdent1

Fixing datasource_line must be positive integer

Post by pdent1 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:35 pm

I have searched and searched, wrote something and thought it was fixed but it failed again today. So I am seeking help. I'd rather not post the entire script because it has personal information. The line posted would be the only possible line fix and I feel my error is with if(s<'0'). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
'Var3 = loop integer it goes through a cvs list
'If var3 is less than 0 then it restarts the list at 1 else it goes to the next loop number

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR3}}'; var af='{{!VAR3}}'; var anf='1'; var x; if(s<'0'){x=anf;} else{x=af;}; x;")

Edit: pretty sure It didn't work because of the ' around the zero, testing now. Will leave open til I'm possitive it works any other thought's I'm all ears. Also Windows 7 and Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR PAID
Version 81.0.4044.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Re: Fixing datasource_line must be positive integer

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:04 am

pdent1 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:35 pm
I have searched and searched, wrote something and thought it was fixed but it failed again today. So I am seeking help. I'd rather not post the entire script because it has personal information. The line posted would be the only possible line fix and I feel my error is with if(s<'0'). Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1005 RECORDER=CR
'Var3 = loop integer it goes through a cvs list
'If var3 is less than 0 then it restarts the list at 1 else it goes to the next loop number

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR3}}'; var af='{{!VAR3}}'; var anf='1'; var x; if(s<'0'){x=anf;} else{x=af;}; x;")

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'PE'/'Free'...?, CR78...?, OS...?

Hum, your original Thread on SOF from 10 days ago, (that you deleted 2 days later :roll: , which doesn't really "motivates" me much to help you, as this is not the "correct" way to use a TechForum and ask for Help...), contained more Info (indeed) and was easier to understand... (But OK, I know what you want...)

But OK, mention your FCI, and I'll help you "clean up" a bit this 'EVAL()' Statement, which I wrote btw, quite a while ago and for a completely different "Scenario" than yours, as you've made "a bit of a mess" with it indeed, ah-ah...! :shock:

Oh...!, and we miss the previous Declaration of your '!VAR3' Var, as you reuse it to morph itself in your 'EVAL()' Statement, which is not "a Best Practice" in my Opinion, unless you are "pretty" Advanced and never make Mistakes in your 'EVAL()' Statements, and never need to debug your Scripts... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 am

I have a different handle on SOF and haven't delet ed anything to my knowledge from there. I run Chrome macros 10.0.5 PE / OS WIndows 7

I am glad you wrote it because it's quite useful.

So Var3 starts as 1 as a loop of URLS, with your if statement it tries a website 4 times til an if statement determines things finished or else it moves onto the next one. If it's finished or moves on the Var3 is which is the next URL in the CSV. Var3 has a possiblity of being 1 last loop or next loop url. I use that if statement around 30 times to decide different calls and predict what the URL comes out to be, or the page text to determine what to do next. I know the script itself is not cause the issue i have had it run over 10,000 times without an issue then apparently maybe or lag or some glitch as running that many time's it gets a Datasource issue(this time it was at var3= 3294) irrelevant but to explain. My current concern is to make var3=1 if var3<0 (not a possitive integer).

I am testing currently while removing the ' from the 0 in my previous line. I'm believe if I place a blank line in my CSV it should give me a negative integer with the current scripting.

EDIT: It also runs with tampemonkey adjusting values for rarely ever errors(except the datasource) don't know if this makes a difference. Also it has to be EVAP into itself unless I set something to = var3. I ran a test with 10 loops with 2 CSV urls and when it hit the 2nd one it restarted the list, so it's sloppy but works :). Just sat it infront of my extract var3 line. As Var3 can be multiple numbers at the end of each loop also, i had to have that VAR in my the EVAP.
Last edited by pdent1 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:18 am

pdent1 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 am
I have a different handle on SOF and haven't delet ed anything to my knowledge from there. I run Chrome macros 10.0.5 PE / OS WIndows 7

I am glad you wrote it because it's quite useful.

So Var3 starts as 1 as a loop of URLS, with your if statement it tries a website 4 times til an if statement determines things finished or else it moves onto the next one. If it's finished or moves on the Var3 is which is the next URL in the CSV. Var3 has a possiblity of being 1 last loop or next loop url. I use that if statement around 30 times to decide different calls and predict what the URL comes out to be, or the page text to determine what to do next. I know the script itself is not cause the issue i have had it run over 10,000 times without an issue then apparently maybe or lag or some glitch as running that many time's it gets a Datasource issue(this time it was at var3= 3294) irrelevant but to explain. My current concern is to make var3=1 if var3<0 (not a possitive integer).

I am testing currently while removing the ' from the 0 in my previous line. I'm believe if I place a blank line in my CSV it should give me a negative integer with the current scripting.

EDIT: It also runs with tampemonkey adjusting values for rarely ever errors(except the datasource) don't know if this makes a difference. Also it has to be EVAP into itself unless I set something to = var3. I ran a test with 10 loops with 2 CSV urls and when it hit the 2nd one it restarted the list, so it's sloppy but works :). Just sat it infront of my extract var3 line. As Var3 can be multiple numbers at the end of each loop also, i had to have that VAR in my the EVAP.

Hum, OK, quick Answer, and 'PE'/'Free' is still missing from your FCI, but yep, as you found out, the Single Quotes around the "0" were making that you were comparing a Number with a String which, if any of the 2 is a String, becomes an alphabetical Comparison between 2 Strings where for example "2>11" is 'True'.
And I guess, alphabetically, a Negative Nb with the 'Minus' Sign gets interpreted as a 'Dash' which probably gets sorted after Digits.
And all Browsers don't use the exact same alphabetical Sorting, especially with Special Chars + Space + Length of a String.

And your 'EVAL()' Statement would become, a bit simplified...:

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if((v3*1)<0){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;")
Not tested, and the "*1" is maybe not needed, but you didn't post the previous Declaration of '!VAR3' so I can't see where it comes from, but it makes sure that '!VAR3' is treated like a Number already in the 'EVAL()', and not as a String, provided the Input only contains Digits (and a Dot if it's a Decimal)...
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:27 pm

ah yes var3 will always be a number. Most other timesI use Eval it returns a statement. Thanks for writing an explanation also I havealready a few ideas for this. I swore I wrote I had the paid edition.Thank you.
WIndows 7 64 Bit
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm

Sorry I forgot I had already posted this before been some time and I just been monitoring it with remote desktop at work, but within a few minutes it can run 30-50times.

Var3 starts as 1 then goes to websites like

SET !VAR8 "http://365trk.com"
    SET error_not {{!VAR5}} 
SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR7}}'; var af='{{error}}'; var anf='{{error_not}}'; var x; if(s=='{{!VAR8}}'){x=af;} else{x=anf;}; x;")
So basically if the website redirects to the 365trk.com website then Var3 goes +1 and does the next. Some reason since I am doing this with 20 other URLs I think it gets lost. It works flawlessly with every url tested and when it gets lost It saves into a csv and each time is a random URL. Hope this better explains. IF you need updated FCI again let me know.

I also tried your code then tried

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if(v3<0){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;")
without the *1 with no avail. Just wondering if there is a way to check if num, oddly it seemed to work for a period of time or atleast thats what I assumed.

EDIT
WIndows 7 64 Bit

Basically my most updated attempts have changed to the following code, new one I found and the fix you had said here. Both still give the Positive Integer Error. I will also fix the New tab post also

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if(v3=='#EANF#'){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;")
edit2 I actually have v3<1 instead of 0, I assumed 0 would not be a positive integer I assumed later. I changed it recently after the notification on this post.
Last edited by pdent1 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:32 pm

pdent1 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm
Sorry I forgot I had already posted this before been some time and I just been monitoring it with remote desktop at work, but within a few minutes it can run 30-50times.

Var3 starts as 1 then goes to websites like

SET error_not {{!VAR5}} 
SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR7}}'; var af='{{error}}'; var anf='{{error_not}}'; var x; if(s=='{{!VAR8}}'){x=af;} else{x=anf;}; x;")
So basically if the website redirects to the 365trk.com website then Var3 goes +1 and does the next. Some reason since I am doing this with 20 other URLs I think it gets lost. It works flawlessly with every url tested and when it gets lost It saves into a csv and each time is a random URL. Hope this better explains. IF you need updated FCI again let me know.

I also tried your code then tried

without the *1 with no avail. Just wondering if there is a way to check if num, oddly it seemed to work for a period of time or atleast thats what I assumed.

Oh...!?, I had started to reply to the Thread you just opened (and deleted in the meantime) in the 'General' Sub-Forum ("Way to see if extract is an Integer."), but the Content of this last Post of yours is "different"... :?

But yep..., 6 months later, can you post your FCI again...? (add it to your previous Post), as it was never clearly posted in your OP in this one already, I need to read the whole Thread again just to check your FCI, before I can "concentrate" on anything else, and 6 months later, "Things" can have changed in the meantime, your CR Version at least very probably..., and 'Free'/'PE' was also missing from your "New" Thread...
(Reason also I never reacted to your previous Thread, "New tap sets window on top", FCI not mentioned, I don't answer/help..., and it also contained a Typo in its Title, I also don't answer... :| )

+ Check this current Thread, one of your (previous) Posts in this Thread strangely has no Title... :? Can you re-add it...? :?:
No big deal, but it's a bit "confusing", and apparently impossible to link to that Post..., and for Users searching the Forum and getting that specific Post as one Hit, because of its further Content, they will get a bit "confused" because it doesn't have any Title... :P
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:42 pm

pdent1 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:10 pm
EDIT

WIndows 7 64 Bit
Basically my most updated attempts have changed to the following code, new one I found and the fix you had said here. Both still give the Positive Integer Error. I will also fix the New tab post also

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if(v3=='#EANF#'){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;")
edit2 I actually have v3<1 instead of 0, I assumed 0 would not be a positive integer I assumed later. I changed it recently after the notification on this post.

Alright-alright-alright, pfouff-pfouff...! Oh, sorry, I make some "strange" Noises, when I'm "thinking", oops...! :P

OK, you are using the 'PE' Version (and "P" stands for "Personal" (Edition), not for "PAID", ah-ah...!), but hum, you are not limited to '!VAR[1-3]' for your Vars, you could better use some User Defined Vars like you do with your "error_not" etc Vars, because your Script/Scenario is a bit difficult to follow with all those '!VARn' Vars, for which I can only see that '!VAR8' is an URL, and '!VAR3' probably an 'EXTRACT', and I have no Idea about the other ones, ah-ah...!

But hum, in your 'EVAL()', the "if(v3<0)" looks "dangerous" to me, especially if 'v3' (='!VAR3') comes from an 'EXTRACT'), "v3<0" will (nearly) always be 'FALSE' if 'v3' is a String, you should better use "if(v3*1<0)" to make sure that 'v3' = your Extract gets converted to a Number...

And you might also need to make sure that the Extract is "clean" and doesn't contain any Spaces or whatever (soft Returns, soft Tabs, etc...), because "-4 " or " -4" (notice the Spaces) will never be converted to the Number "-4" (No Spaces), and will always remain a String, that will then be compared alphabetically and not numerically..., and I'm not sure what the Result of the Comparison will be, because of a Space or a Minus/Dash, if they come before a "0" alphabetically... Different Browsers have a different alphabetical Order, I've noticed... :!:
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:53 pm

SET !VAR7 {{!URLCURRENT}}
ADD !VAR4 1
    SET error {{!VAR4}}
    SET error_not {{!VAR3}}
I posted further down in the script and left out the important thing of how I get var3. As persay it's not a extract it starts as 1 goes thru a csv list and then if the csv list site is !VAR8 then it Adds1 to VAR3 if not then it repeats the same site. I really hope this makes more sense to you about how I get and change said number.

Edit any point with this would you expect parseInt or s.trim() to remove spaces to work. When the datasource_line error occurs it just repeats the last url over and over no matter what the outcome is. If i restart and retry just that url no issues and moves along fine. Maybe like SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if(parseInt(v3)*1<0){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;") Then if v3 is not a number it'll relay as 0*1 then become 1, correct? Brain clogs are turning, I could just test it :lol:

Edit2 Var4=Var3 +1 Var3=Current CSV line, I guess pasting the whole script would make it easier but i'm actually attempting to mak it simple for you as possible as I have over 18xVals total xD I label them with 'commands per each line for my benefit tho. Noone else would have use for it.
Last edited by pdent1 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:29 am

pdent1 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:53 pm

SET !VAR7 {{!URLCURRENT}}
ADD !VAR4 1
    SET error {{!VAR4}}
    SET error_not {{!VAR3}}
I posted further down in the script and left out the important thing of how I get var3. As persay it's not a extract it starts as 1 goes thru a csv list and then if the csv list site is !VAR8 then it Adds1 to VAR3 if not then it repeats the same site. I really hope this makes more sense to you about how I get and change said number.

Edit any point with this would you expect parseInt or s.trim() to remove spaces to work. When the datasource_line error occurs it just repeats the last url over and over no matter what the outcome is. If i restart and retry just that url no issues and moves along fine. Maybe like SET !VAR3 EVAL("var v3='{{!VAR3}}'; var z; if(parseInt(v3)*1<0){z=1;} else{z=v3;}; z;") Then if v3 is not a number it'll relay as 0*1 then become 1, correct? Brain clogs are turning, I could just test it :lol:

Yeah, but really, it's very difficult to follow your Workflow, I still miss the (original) Declarations for '!VAR4', and '!VAR3' again..., and again..., using "!VARn" x times doesn't make it very easy to understand what all those '!VARn' are supposed to do/hold, and even in your 'EVAL()', the 'af' and 'anf' make no sense, those come from me from some other Thread on the Forum, from several months or maybe years ago, I always give "meaningful" Names to "my" Vars, even or especially in 'EVAL()', but you've made a bit of a Mess with it, ah-ah...! :shock:

Hum, now I "remember" a bit, the "f" and "nf" in "af"/"anf" meant "found"/"not found", ah-ah...! :twisted:
And I don't remember what the Thread was about..., that was a "long" time ago, the "a" stood maybe for "Anchor"..., I don't remember... :P
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:57 am

Indeed Anchor found and not found, you helped another user with that and I just revamped it to my personal uses to cycle a list of urls
WIndows 7 64 Bit
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 pm

Just to give an update

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR3}}'; var af='{{!VAR3}}'; var anf='1'; var x; if(s>700){x=anf;} else{x=af;}; x;")
works, apparently I had to switch around the list of URLS that where being checked. Might of been timeouts or redirects causing the problem, not sure BUT I have ran the code 1000 times on 3 computers twice and not one datasource_line error! Wanted to post incase it may help someone later on. I greatly appreciate your help, chivracq, even being agrivated with me posting bits and peices of my script. You know your Macros!
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 06, 2020 12:02 am

pdent1 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:57 am
Indeed Anchor found and not found, you helped another user with that and I just revamped it to my personal uses to cycle a list of urls
pdent1 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 11:33 pm
Just to give an update

SET !VAR3 EVAL("var s='{{!VAR3}}'; var af='{{!VAR3}}'; var anf='1'; var x; if(s>700){x=anf;} else{x=af;}; x;")
works, apparently I had to switch around the list of URLS that where being checked. Might of been timeouts or redirects causing the problem, not sure BUT I have ran the code 1000 times on 3 computers twice and not one datasource_line error! Wanted to post incase it may help someone later on. I greatly appreciate your help, chivracq, even being agrivated with me posting bits and peices of my script. You know your Macros!

Alright, Thanks for the Update, and glad to hear that it works... :D

But hum, mini-Advice: You should spend 1 Hour to rename all your Vars in your Script(s) with some "meaningful" Names, your Script is nearly impossible to follow and to understand, even for me, because of all the '!VARn' Vars you are using, and even in 'EVAL()' Statements, the "af" and "anf" Vars for example taken from some other Thread make no Sense reused as is in your Script, and are rather "confusing" actually... :idea:

'Free'/'PE' not mentioned in your FCI in your OP from a quick Check, but I guess you are using the 'PE' Version (for v10.0.5 for CR), as you were using some '!VAR7' and '!VAR8', and the "poor" Users of the 'Free' Version are "forced" to use '!VAR[1-3]' which are the only Vars supported in the 'Free' Version, but you don't have this Limitation... :idea:
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdent1

Post by pdent1 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:14 am

Yes I have the PE edition. Remember I thought this ment Paid Edition, lol. If you don't pay you are only limited to 100 loops also and you can't use the Chrome file extension. It was worth the $99 to have unlimited. I also own 3 licenses for the PC's I have that need over 100 loops. I will take your advice and rename them as of current I have a * 'note * almost every 3 lines so I know why the vars change what they do later on or above the script so for me they are actually completely understandable. Edit- signature solves the FCI :twisted: Ty again for you time! Greatly appreciated!
WIndows 7 64 Bit
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed May 06, 2020 2:45 am

pdent1 wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:14 am
Yes I have the PE edition. Remember I thought this ment Paid Edition, lol. If you don't pay you are only limited to 100 loops also and you can't use the Chrome file extension. It was worth the $99 to have unlimited. I also own 3 licenses for the PC's I have that need over 100 loops. I will take your advice and rename them as of current I have a * 'note * almost every 3 lines so I know why the vars change what they do later on or above the script so for me they are actually completely understandable. Edit- signature solves the FCI :twisted: Ty again for you time! Greatly appreciated!

Ah yep indeed, but sometimes I need to check (again) stg from the FCI of the User and that Info belongs at the very beginning of a Thread without me having to re-read the whole Thread to find out where that bit of Info might be mentioned, I usually "handle" [10-20-30] Threads in parallel, so I don't remember all the Details from all the Threads, and yours started in Octb 2019, so that's more than 6 months ago, ah-ah...!

"signature solves the FCI :twisted:"
=> Beeeh, nope, that's no good, and it's explained why in the Forum Rules... FCI in Sig is only confusing... Simply hard-code it in your OP when you open a New Thread, and preferably at the very top op the OP/Thread, that's the first bit of Info I look for to decide if I will read the Post...

>>>

I'm not very knowledgeable with Licensing as I've always only used the 'Free' Add-on(s), mostly on FF, and I still use the "older" Version v8.9.7 for FF which was completely Free (there was not 'PE' Edition yet for that Version), and I actually still use an even older Version for all my "Prod" Scripts, v8.8.2 for FF, but I think I'm probably the only one on the Forum still using that Version... :twisted:
But hum..., I think you're right, if you want to install iMacros on 3 different PC's, you need indeed 3 Licenses... One License can be moved from one PC to another one, but only one PC can run the "Full" Version with the/a License at the same time otherwise...

>>>

When/if you edit/redo your Script to improve it and to rename your Vars, plus maybe add or improve some Functionality, a Good Practice if you know you are going to make some "significant" Change(s), is to keep a Backup of that 1st Script (in case stg goes wrong!) and to add some "v2" / "v3" etc... to the Name of the Script from time to time, when you save it for the next Version(s)... :idea:
I am now at "v11" or "v12" myself for a few of my Scripts..., that I started about 10 years ago..., and are now approx [8,000-13,000] Lines long, oops...! :P