Unknown EVENT Command Error

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
daleby

Unknown EVENT Command Error

Post by daleby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm

VERSION BUILD - 10.3.27.5830 - Enterprise Edition
Windows 10 - English
iMacros Browser (also tested in IE 11.1069.17134.0 and it doesn't work there either)

Hello - I had some help building a macro a few months ago, and it's been working great (besides that I can't loop it more than 10 times or it crashes... but that's fine). However, I just got a new computer through work, and had to re-install and activate iMacros. When I went to run my usual process, I got an error box saying "Error - 1100: Unknown command: EVENT at line: 14"

I have never had this problem before in the iMacros browser. However, even in the past, I did in IE, so I just didn't use Internet Explorer. Is there some function I need to "turn on" to make the EVENT command work again? We had to insert the EVENT command due to how the text box for phone numbers is set up.

Here is the relevant part of the macro:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10.3.27.5830
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !DATASOURCE Leads.csv
SET !LOOP 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY .2
'SET Phone_Nb 0123456789
SET Phone_Nb {{!COL17}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var c9='{{!COL9}}'; var z; if(c9*1<10000){z='0'+c9;} else{z=c9;}; z;")
URL GOTO=https://www.enterprise.com/en/business-car-rental/business-rental-forms/business-rental-program-enrollment-form.html
FRAME NAME=brpEnrollIframe
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:Enrollments[Contact_FullName] CONTENT={{!COL11}}
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#Enrollments_Contact_PhoneNumber" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#Enrollments_Contact_PhoneNumber" CHARS="{{Phone_Nb}}"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL ATTR=NAME:Enrollments[Contact_PhoneNumber_Extension] CONTENT={{!COL18}}
daleby

Re: Unknown EVENT Command Error

Post by daleby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm

Looking at my previous post, I'm wondering if they gave me the wrong iMacros when they reinstalled it to my computer... looks like I used to have version 11.0.246.4051. Would EVENT/EVENTS not work in 10.3?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:03 pm

daleby wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm
VERSION BUILD - 10.3.27.5830 - Enterprise Edition
Windows 10 - English
iMacros Browser (also tested in IE 11.1069.17134.0 and it doesn't work there either)

Hello - I had some help building a macro a few months ago, and it's been working great (besides that I can't loop it more than 10 times or it crashes... but that's fine). However, I just got a new computer through work, and had to re-install and activate iMacros. When I went to run my usual process, I got an error box saying "Error - 1100: Unknown command: EVENT at line: 14"

I have never had this problem before in the iMacros browser. However, even in the past, I did in IE, so I just didn't use Internet Explorer. Is there some function I need to "turn on" to make the EVENT command work again? We had to insert the EVENT command due to how the text box for phone numbers is set up.

Here is the relevant part of the macro:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10.3.27.5830
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
SET !DATASOURCE Leads.csv
SET !LOOP 2
SET !DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY .2
'SET Phone_Nb 0123456789
SET Phone_Nb {{!COL17}}
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var c9='{{!COL9}}'; var z; if(c9*1<10000){z='0'+c9;} else{z=c9;}; z;")
URL GOTO=https://www.enterprise.com/en/business-car-rental/business-rental-forms/business-rental-program-enrollment-form.html
FRAME NAME=brpEnrollIframe
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=NAME:Enrollments[Contact_FullName] CONTENT={{!COL11}}
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#Enrollments_Contact_PhoneNumber" BUTTON=0
EVENTS TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="#Enrollments_Contact_PhoneNumber" CHARS="{{Phone_Nb}}"
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEL ATTR=NAME:Enrollments[Contact_PhoneNumber_Extension] CONTENT={{!COL18}}
daleby wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:09 pm
Looking at my previous post, I'm wondering if they gave me the wrong iMacros when they reinstalled it to my computer... looks like I used to have version 11.0.246.4051. Would EVENT/EVENTS not work in 10.3?

Ah-han..., yep indeed, the 'EVENT' Mode "only" got implemented in iMB (+ iMacros for IE) from v11.0 as you can check on the 'Version History' Wiki-Page, so that Mode was not supported yet in iMB v10.03. :oops:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
daleby

Post by daleby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks! I got on the phone with the helpdesk folks right after I realized that! They installed the CORRECT version, and I am now able to run the macro properly in the iMacros browser - woohoo! Glad it was only a version issue and not a real problem.

Still having the 10+ loop failure issue though, and can't figure that out. I tested it to see if it magically fixed itself... made it to 15 and it crashed. :(

Again, not a huge problem, just a small annoyance... but any advice? I feel like it was giving me an "out of memory" error before (months ago - I haven't pushed it past 10 since August), but this time it just went down.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:45 pm

daleby wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Thanks! I got on the phone with the helpdesk folks right after I realized that! They installed the CORRECT version, and I am now able to run the macro properly in the iMacros browser - woohoo! Glad it was only a version issue and not a real problem.

Still having the 10+ loop failure issue though, and can't figure that out. I tested it to see if it magically fixed itself... made it to 15 and it crashed. :(

Again, not a huge problem, just a small annoyance... but any advice? I feel like it was giving me an "out of memory" error before (months ago - I haven't pushed it past 10 since August), but this time it just went down.

Ah OK, good for "this one"... :D , and then well..., about the Crash after 10 Loops, that sounds "a bit extreme" to me to be honest... :shock:
But I would say, => Open a separate Thread, and "we" can do some "Thinking"/Troubleshooting about it... Provide as much Info as possible, as quite a few different "Things" could be playing a Role... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
daleby

Post by daleby » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:07 pm

Sounds good! Thanks again! I'll struggle through for now so I can get caught up on my work, and then I'll come back with a new thread for advice after I'm in a less hectic place!!!
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 pm

daleby wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:07 pm
Sounds good! Thanks again! I'll struggle through for now so I can get caught up on my work, and then I'll come back with a new thread for advice after I'm in a less hectic place!!!

8)