How to completely ignore certificates errors?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Tiny-Bike

How to completely ignore certificates errors?

Post by Tiny-Bike » Tue May 12, 2020 12:16 pm

It works for Chrome by using the parameter: "chrome.exe --ignore-certificate-errors""

However I cannot find a way to do the same in IE.

I've disabled or deselected in IE's advanced settings:

Check for publisher's certificate revocation
Check for server certficate revocation
Check for signature on downloaded programs
Warn about certficate address mismatch
Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode

Restarted PC and I still get certs error popups.

Using Windows 7. iMacros Browser (with IE) latest version
chivracq

Re: How to completely ignore certificates errors?

Post by chivracq » Tue May 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Tiny-Bike wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:16 pm
It works for Chrome by using the parameter: "chrome.exe --ignore-certificate-errors""

However I cannot find a way to do the same in IE.

I've disabled or deselected in IE's advanced settings:

Check for publisher's certificate revocation
Check for server certficate revocation
Check for signature on downloaded programs
Warn about certficate address mismatch
Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode

Restarted PC and I still get certs error popups.

Using

Code: Select all

Windows 7. iMacros Browser (with IE) latest version

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)

Before I will soft-alert @TechSup, can you mention your FCI "correctly"...?, "latest" doesn't mean anything on a Tech Forum, simply mention all exact Versions... (And maybe an "Idea" to read the Forum Rules when you join a Tech Forum... :idea: )

And did you try using the 'ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG' Command...? :?:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tiny-Bike

Post by Tiny-Bike » Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 pm

I apologise. I didn't read the rules.

iMacros Browser V12.6.505.4525 (Professional Edition)
Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I'm not sure what exact version is my IE. But it's IE11.

I think my issue is more of general tech than scripts. All my scripts work ok under normal circumstances.

However I've configured my proxy not to trust any cert (WTF, yes I know, but it's for testing purposes.) Chrome works (no cert error popups) with the parameter enabled, but IE doesn't work.

Upon loading iMacro Browser and/or visting any page in it (iMacro Browser) or IE alone, this popup instantly shows up (it keeps popping up even after I clicked Yes to proceed).

It's always this exact type of Cert error:

And sorry again, but what do you mean by command ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG'? Put it in my script or using that command when I get the popup (link shows pic of W10?)? Bit confused, sorry. I'd prefer to completely ignore it altogether regardless of script.

Thank you again :)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue May 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Tiny-Bike wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
I think my issue is more of general tech than scripts. All my scripts work ok under normal circumstances.

However I've configured my proxy not to trust any cert (WTF, yes I know, but it's for testing purposes.) Chrome works (no cert error popups) with the parameter enabled, but IE doesn't work.

Upon loading iMacro Browser and/or visting any page in it (iMacro Browser) or IE alone, this popup instantly shows up (it keeps popping up even after I clicked Yes to proceed).

https://i.imgur.com/nV3L28V.jpg
And sorry again, but what do you mean by command ONCERTIFICATEDIALOG'? Put it in my script or using that command when I get the popup (link shows pic of W10?)? Bit confused, sorry. I'd prefer to completely ignore it altogether regardless of script.

Alright, this is "better", ah-ah...! So OK, I understand you are using iMB v12.6 'Pro', the "Full/Licensed" Version, and not a 'Trial' Version...(?)
So when you were using/testing on CR81, not mentioned but you were then using iMacros for CR v10.0.5 'PE' (and not 'Free'...(?)), with the 'FIO' Module for the 'PE' Version installed...(?).
I'm "half" asking, but you may want to confirm my 3x "(?)"...

Very good for reading the Forum Rules (I'm "nearly" impressed by the 12.5 Minutes you spent on that Page, very good...! :wink: ), but hum..., you missed the Section about "Uploading Screenshots directly to the Forum", and not using any external Pix Hosting Sites), grrr...! :(
=> Could you still upload your Screenshot directly to the Forum...?

>>>

Then, OK, pff-pff..., I'm not very knowledgeable about the "Functionality"/Area/Issue you are having, so I'm not very sure which "correct" Qt's to ask, but, hum...:
- From your Screenshot, that Dialog looks more like a "Security" Dialog than a "Certificate" Dialog... iMacros (for iMB and IE) has also an 'ONSECURITYDIALOG' Command, but the Defaults are already "YES" + "CONTINUE", even if you don't have any such Command in your Script... :?

- I know there is some kind of "Workaround" for that kind of Security Dialogs (not specific to iMacros, and applies to all Browsers I think...), where you can "issue" to yourself and install locally some "personal" Certificate, but I've never "done it" myself... (Might want to google about that...)

- Then hum..., as you are using iMB v12.6 "Full", I understood, you should then have direct Access to @TechSup by opening a Support Ticket, that might be your "best" Option, as I don't think there will be much "Expertise" in that "Area" on the Forum which is more (Advanced) Users usually using any of the 'Free' Add-ons like myself...
(And would be "nice" if you could "later" post an Update with the Solution in this Thread, if you are eligible to get Support from @TechSup...)

- But I will anyway soft-alert @TechSup about your Thread, they'll be able to check if you've opened some Ticket in the meantime, but please upload your Screenshot directly to the Forum already...

- And hum, @TechSup might need some Script to reproduce, or at least some URL for such a Site triggering the Pb... But OK, I don't know, they'll be able to ask you the "good" Qt's directly then, I guess... :wink:

EDIT:
- Oh...!, and upon clicking on the 'View Certificate' Button, don't you have an Option "somewhere" where you can "permanently" add an Exception for that Site...? :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon May 25, 2020 11:26 am

Tiny-Bike wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 6:56 pm

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Hi Tiny-Bike,

Sorry for the late reply. I did check to see whether there was already an iMacros license associated with your email address and if you had opened a tech support ticket, but since I did not find one I assume you are using the trial version?

Did you have a chance to try the suggestion of using ONSECURITYDIALOG BUTTON=YES CONTINUE=YES at the beginning of your macro (prior to the URL GOTO) to automatically dismiss the dialog?

As far as preventing that dialog from appearing in the first place, I would have thought that disabling the "Warn about certificate address mismatch" security setting in Internet Options would do the trick. But after a quick web search, it seems that using this setting is not so straightforward. This post suggests changing the setting via the HKLM branch in the registry, yet another post after that claims this does not work either and suggests the solution is to dynamically change the setting in HKCU branch on user login.

chivracq wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:43 pm
- Oh...!, and upon clicking on the 'View Certificate' Button, don't you have an Option "somewhere" where you can "permanently" add an Exception for that Site...? :idea:

Yes, there should be some way to add an exception for the specific site. Have you tried this also, or is this not practical for your specific use-case?
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support