File Upload with WINCLICK - Enabling Next button

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
bearaman

File Upload with WINCLICK - Enabling Next button

Post by bearaman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:22 am

Hi Again,
My problem is with file upload using WINCLICK. Once a file path is entered in the file field, the Next button changes from disabled to enabled and I can click it to continue to the next screen.
With my macro, I can get the file path to enter in the file field but for some reason, the "Next" button is not being enabled when I do this. Once the macro stops, the button is then enabled!
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Apologies but it's an internal site and I can't send the link.
Bearaman
bearaman

Post by bearaman » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:23 am

Hi All,
This is still an issue fo me. Is there something with scripting that can be causing this?
Thanks,
Bearaman
bearaman

Post by bearaman » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:33 pm

Hi Again,
Any ideas at all on how to resolve this? Any comments at all would be brilliant. If you need me to clarify my request, then please ask.
Thanks,
Bearaman
Nik

Post by Nik » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:37 pm

Hey,

Just a thought. have you tried inserting a WAIT statement in various stages of the macro? In particular, after the WINCLICK statement?
rguez_18

Click outside the textbox

Post by rguez_18 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:33 am

Hi,
Try clicking anywhere outside the textbox, after filling it with the path. Hope this helps thanks!
bearaman

Post by bearaman » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:29 am

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. I managed to get in touch with the engineer who created the page and it turns out there was a very handy revalidate() function available. So all I had to do was enter text into all the fields and run revalidate(). Button enabled!
My own personal experience is that if there's any JS function available that handle validation then they should be used ahead of WINCLICK. It means that you don't risk breaking your macro if the UI changes.
Thanks,
Bearaman
Nik

Post by Nik » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Thanks, thats handy information.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:21 pm

and run revalidate()
How did you do this? ;)
bearaman

Post by bearaman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 am

Revalidate() is a custom function that is available on our internal application. I wasn't aware of it until I mailed one of the engineers. Calling this function enabled the Next button for me. I guess you could just call any validation js function as well after entered the details into the test box.
Hope that helped some.
John