iMacros Browser & IE Discontinuation

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
senor pengwin

iMacros Browser & IE Discontinuation

Post by senor pengwin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:30 pm

Starting to see a problem coming up here now that they have discontinued IE. I have the enterprise edition of iMacros and I use a lot of the different recording options and scripting in the iMacros Browser.

I also log into about 60 banks everyday to extract information but I have noticed banks are starting to update their website and discontinue compatibility with IE so more and more I am noticing websites that are no longer compatible with iMacros. Is there something in the works to change the way the iMacros works so it emulates another browser besides IE? I imagine we will soon get to a point where iMacros browser is rendered useless if websites no longer are compatible with the browser.

Any info or updates coming for this?
Untitled.png
chivracq

Re: iMacros Browser & IE Discontinuation

Post by chivracq » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 pm

senor pengwin wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:30 pm
Starting to see a problem coming up here now that they have discontinued IE. I have the enterprise edition of iMacros and I use a lot of the different recording options and scripting in the iMacros Browser.

I also log into about 60 banks everyday to extract information but I have noticed banks are starting to update their website and discontinue compatibility with IE so more and more I am noticing websites that are no longer compatible with iMacros. Is there something in the works to change the way the iMacros works so it emulates another browser besides IE? I imagine we will soon get to a point where iMacros browser is rendered useless if websites no longer are compatible with the browser.

Any info or updates coming for this?

Untitled.png

FCIM...! :mrgreen:
"I have the enterprise edition of iMacros"
=> Yeah, but could you mention which Version you are using...? :roll:

Hum, yep indeed, I see that also with my "Prod" Browser (Pale Moon v26.3.3), but OK, that's because I want to keep using iMacros for FF v8.8.2, while "current" PM Version is now at v28... :P

But hum, iMB does actually more than just "emulate IE", it actually really uses the IE Engine from your Local IE Install on your Computer to run/work and to render Webpages...

One thing you can try is using the '!USERAGENT' Command to "pretend" you are using CR86 or some "recent" Browser (Version), but less and less Websites let themselves "fool" by this "Trick", ah-ah...! :idea:

I will ping @TechSup to "soft-alert" them about your Thread to ask them if they can have a Look... :|
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am

Hi senor pengwin,

Yes, a new iMacros browser based on Chromium is in the works. I didn't find your email address in our customer database, but if you are interested in trying an early access preview release, then I suggest you either open a new support case or contact sales to make a request.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:16 am

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am
Hi senor pengwin,

Yes, a new iMacros browser based on Chromium is in the works. I didn't find your email address in our customer database, but if you are interested in trying an early access preview release, then I suggest you either open a new support case or contact sales to make a request.

Hum, that's interesting News...! :o 8)

And that's quite a clever Move actually, even if somewhat logical indeed, as most Browsers are "now" (@2020) indeed based on 'Chromium', and even from iMacros @Dev, Support for FF has been a bit "minimalistic" in the last few years, understandable though because of the "not so clever imho Choice" to adopt the 'WebExtensions' Architecture by the Mozilla Foundation...

Hum, @Tom, I would be "willing" to also have a Look at an "early access preview release", for the Purpose of Alpha/Beta-Testing before it gets "officially" released, I was the most "active" Beta-Tester for v10.0.2 for FF, 2 years ago, even if most of my "Findings" were not "really" addressed/corrected... :(
But OK, you know how to "find me" if you are interested in my "Feedback" (that could be kept "Internal") about this future Version... :wink:

(Oh...!, and Thanks for your quick Reaction in this Thread... :D )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
senor pengwin

Post by senor pengwin » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Great news!

Tom, this account is my personal, our license is registered under a work email. I will reach out to the support team to look into this.

Thanks!
senor pengwin

Post by senor pengwin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Hi senor pengwin,

Hello Tom,

I got in contact with the support team but they told me that an open beta is not available and that they would put my name on a list to be "considered" to have access when it is released. Is this the end of the road or is there something more you know? Any idea when the open beta will be available? Unfortunately if we can't get this issue resolved soon we may need to find alternative options to iMacros.

Thanks
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 am

senor pengwin wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:40 pm
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Hi senor pengwin,

Hello Tom,

I got in contact with the support team but they told me that an open beta is not available and that they would put my name on a list to be "considered" to have access when it is released. Is this the end of the road or is there something more you know? Any idea when the open beta will be available? Unfortunately if we can't get this issue resolved soon we may need to find alternative options to iMacros.

Thanks

Hum, and "for me", I would then exactly be "interested" by such an Alpha-Release, exactly before it gets "released", as I will "like usual" find 50+ Bugs in less than 10 min, tja...! :twisted:
And hum, I guess this iMB v13 will probably be "based" on v10.x for CR/FF, if the Browser itself will be based on 'Chromium',then hum..., nearly too easy...!, I already have [70-90]+ Bugs "in mind", from the previous Versions I ever had a Look/plaid with..., oops...! :roll:

>>>

@OP: "Unfortunately if we can't get this issue resolved soon..."
Yeah, you didn't try much, I gave you some possible Workaround to try, but you didn't even react to my Post... I :shock:
(I probably won't be trying to help you again anymore anyway...) :|

And hum, but if "I log into about 60 banks everyday to extract information", the Script must be "Generic" enough to easily be ported to iMacros v10.x on FF or CR, and probably doesn't even require any Modification at all... :idea: 8)
Data Extraction is (best) done using the 'TAG' Mode, which is supported and works exactly the same in all Versions of iMacros and all Browsers...
Hum, the Login part could sometimes be a little bit "tricky" on some Sites maybe..., where the 'EVENT' Mode (only supported in v10.x for CR) could then be used, if that part had been implemented with the 'DS' Mode in the "original" Script on iMB... :idea:
senor pengwin

Post by senor pengwin » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:04 pm

chivracq wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 am

@OP: "Unfortunately if we can't get this issue resolved soon..."
Yeah, you didn't try much, I gave you some possible Workaround to try, but you didn't even react to my Post... I :shock:
(I probably won't be trying to help you again anymore anyway...) :|

And hum, but if "I log into about 60 banks everyday to extract information", the Script must be "Generic" enough to easily be ported to iMacros v10.x on FF or CR, and probably doesn't even require any Modification at all... :idea: 8)
Data Extraction is (best) done using the 'TAG' Mode, which is supported and works exactly the same in all Versions of iMacros and all Browsers...
Hum, the Login part could sometimes be a little bit "tricky" on some Sites maybe..., where the 'EVENT' Mode (only supported in v10.x for CR) could then be used, if that part had been implemented with the 'DS' Mode in the "original" Script on iMB... :idea:
I use the ONDOWNLOAD function to export bank statements, when I launch the iMacro using Chrome, the ONDOWNLOAD doesn't work with Chrome. Also I can't use the advanced recording functions you get in the iMacros browser in Chrome. So I cannot create an "original" script in IMB, nor can I create a script in Chrome because it does not have the recording functions I need.

I didn't try what you said about USERAGENT because you mentioned at the end that less and less websites are fooled by this basically saying it probably wont work. I need a permanent solution not something that's going to work for a few days before another website makes an update and renders it useless.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 am

senor pengwin wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:40 pm
Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Hi senor pengwin,

Hello Tom,

Thanks

Sorry for sending you in the wrong direction. It's true that we are not offering an open beta at this time, but if you use the Contact Sales link and mention that I recommended you for the early access preview (you can also include a link to this forum thread), then you should hear back from our account rep., Anne, and she will take care of you. Be sure to include your work email address and/or your license serial no.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:41 am

chivracq wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:22 am
And hum, I guess this iMB v13 will probably be "based" on v10.x for CR/FF, if the Browser itself will be based on 'Chromium',then hum...
Nope, not a correct assumption.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
senor pengwin

Post by senor pengwin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Tom, Tech Support wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:38 am
Sorry for sending you in the wrong direction. It's true that we are not offering an open beta at this time, but if you use the Contact Sales link and mention that I recommended you for the early access preview (you can also include a link to this forum thread), then you should hear back from our account rep., Anne, and she will take care of you. Be sure to include your work email address and/or your license serial no.
Great, Thanks Tom. I reached out to Anne, I have her contact info.