task scheduler does not run

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
rer

task scheduler does not run

Post by rer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 am

Hello,
I have a little technical problem, for this reason I allow myself to open a subject in the forum.
I am trying the new version of IMACROS V12.6.505.4525 ENTERPRISE with my windows 10 64 bit.

I created a test2.iim macro. It is the last to run without worries from the IMACROS control panel.
However, I would like to run this macro at a specific time, so I created a scheduled task with the WINDOWS task planner.
This scheduled task is defined like this:
"C: \ Program files (x86) \ Ipswitch \ iMacros \ iMacros.exe" -macro test2

And the problem is there ..... because at the time determined in the windows task scheduler, the windows task runs well and opens IMACROS however the test2 task does not run !!!

However, it seems to me to have respected the syntax of the command: -macro test2 !! ??

Could you help me with this concern?

Thanks
chivracq

Re: task scheduler does not run

Post by chivracq » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:00 am

rer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 am
Hello,
I have a little technical problem, for this reason I allow myself to open a subject in the forum.
I am trying the new version of

Code: Select all

IMACROS V12.6.505.4525 ENTERPRISE with my windows 10 64 bit.
I created a test2.iim macro. It is the last to run without worries from the IMACROS control panel.
However, I would like to run this macro at a specific time, so I created a scheduled task with the WINDOWS task planner.
This scheduled task is defined like this:

Code: Select all

"C: \ Program files (x86) \ Ipswitch \ iMacros \ iMacros.exe" -macro test2
And the problem is there ..... because at the time determined in the windows task scheduler, the windows task runs well and opens IMACROS however the test2 task does not run !!!

However, it seems to me to have respected the syntax of the command: -macro test2 !! ??

Could you help me with this concern?

Thanks

Hum, your Syntax looks OK to me, apart from all extra Spaces in the Path probably added from a C&P from/to your OS/Browser with French Settings, but I guess you must be using the "correct" Syntax already if iMB does start from the Task Scheduler.

BUT...!, iMB 'Trial' (any Version) is "known" to throw some Trial Popup Reminder after the Trial Period (and probably a bit before the end already) which needs to be manually dismissed and which is "incompatible" with launching iMB and a Macro from the Command Line/Batch/Task Scheduler... :!:
And according to your previous Thread, you've already been using iMB v12.6 'Trial' for 1 year, which means you must be getting that nagging Trial Popup every single time you launch iMB, then I'm not surprised if it "doesn't work" when launched from the Task Scheduler, I would think... :idea:

So i guess that's probably the Explanation... I will ping/soft-alert @TechSup if they want to have a look and confirm that I'm "correct" or if stg else could be playing a role...

>>>

(I "see" btw that @TechSup had reacted 3 months later/after your last Reply in that previous Thread of yours, but you possibly missed that last Reply and didn't follow up anymore... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
rer

Post by rer » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 am

Hello,
thank you for your comeback.
the installation on which I am testing dates back to 2 days so yes, I am in a trial period but the script should start, no? I do not yet have a popup that informs me of the end of the trial period.
without the other subject I was talking about the script itself which did not pass the validation windows but this is no longer the case now it's ok?

could you give me an example batch file to run my script for a try?
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:02 pm

rer wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:21 am
Hello,
thank you for your comeback.
the installation on which I am testing dates back to 2 days so yes, I am in a trial period but the script should start, no? I do not yet have a popup that informs me of the end of the trial period.
without the other subject I was talking about the script itself which did not pass the validation windows but this is no longer the case now it's ok?

could you give me an example batch file to run my script for a try?

Hum, OK..., then I "don't know", I don't use iMB myself..., I thought the Popup Trial could be an "easy" Explanation... :oops:

I've pinged @TechSup, they will have a Look at your Thread when they "see" my Soft-Alert and have "the time" to handle a few Threads on the Forum... :wink:

And hum, concerning "an example batch file to run my script for a try", well, you have 3 '.BAT' Files that get installed when you install iMB v12.6 'Trial', you can see the "\Batch Files\" Folder on my Screenshot from this Thread... :idea:

And even if you didn't install (all) Samples and Demos, you can still find their Content in the Wiki 'Code Samples' Page... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE').
- I don't even read the Qt if that (required) Info is not mentioned...!
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:23 pm

rer,

Check the iMacros.log file, it should give you some information about why the macro is not running. The log file is located in your Documents\iMacros\Logs folder.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support