Dummy Question

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kleins99

Dummy Question

Post by kleins99 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:50 pm

I constantly need to fill out short dummy internet forms with the following info (see below). You will notice the only thing that changes is I need to add a sequential number to the first name field each time. Is there any way someone can create a macro for this? I haven't been able to make the dropdown ever stick (and if I can't, I can't), but is there a way to at least make the first name add a digit? I need digits 0-21 added after the name Dummy. Please, any help you can offer to a coding dummy?!

Dropdown List: Choose from a list of locations
First Name: Dummy1
Last Name: Dummy
Email: dummy@dummy.com
Phone: 555-555-5555
(Submit form)

First Name: Dummy2
(Submit form)

First Name: Dummy3
(Submit form)
chivracq

Re: Dummy Question

Post by chivracq » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:29 pm

kleins99 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:50 pm
I constantly need to fill out short dummy internet forms with the following info (see below). You will notice the only thing that changes is I need to add a sequential number to the first name field each time. Is there any way someone can create a macro for this? I haven't been able to make the dropdown ever stick (and if I can't, I can't), but is there a way to at least make the first name add a digit? I need digits 0-21 added after the name Dummy. Please, any help you can offer to a coding dummy?!

Code: Select all

First Name: Dummy1
(Submit form)

First Name: Dummy2
(Submit form)

First Name: Dummy3
(Submit form)

Hum...., Thread approved, but you got "a bit lucky" that your Thread/Qt is "indeed" really about 'Dummy"..., but "Dummy Question" still feels like a useless (= Non-Descriptive) Thread Title for a Tech Forum... :roll:
=> Can you give a more Descriptive Title to your Thread...?
=> Stg like "Incrementing a Dummy Username: Dummy[0-21]" for example...

CIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig..., and the Forum Rules that you didn't read...)

Post your Script and mention what you've tried and where you get stuck, "Is there any way someone can create a macro for this?", => Nope, I don't think anybody will be writing your Script for you, ah-ah...! :roll:
Last edited by chivracq on Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
kleins99

Re: Dummy Question

Post by kleins99 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm

I was wrong, as I often am. Sorry my subject wasn't more clear. Like I said, I'm no coder, and very new to what a macro even is. That said, This is what I have successfully accomplished, thus far:

(not sure if there's a correct way to post code, but will try. I am using Firefox 85.0 iMacros on a Mac 11.2 iOS)

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10021450
URL GOTO=https://randomurlforexampleonly.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:fName CONTENT=Dummy
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:lName CONTENT=Dummy
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:email CONTENT=dummy@dummy.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT ATTR=ID:phoneNumber CONTENT=(555)<SP>555-5555
I don't even bother putting code for the dropdown or submit button because I know no one will help me with that. But just the simple help of how to adjust code so if I press PLAY on the Macro it will continue to add the digits to the FName ID.