imacro browser size not resizing

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
magimus

imacro browser size not resizing

Post by magimus » Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 pm

Imacros browser v12.0.501.6698
Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
All demo macros work fine

This PC is restarted daily, via batch process that autologins. After which there are imacro scripts that are ran via batch files and windows task scheduler.
The scripts don't complete successfully since the window won't resize the DS CMD isn't clicking the correct location.
It only works if someone manually logs into the PC prior to the imacro script running.

Any ideas on how to get the size to work properly without having to manually log in.

Thanks,
Magimus
The iMacros Guru

Re: imacro browser size not resizing

Post by The iMacros Guru » Tue May 25, 2021 2:23 pm

Just checking, are you already using a SIZE command at the start of your macro?
magimus

Post by magimus » Tue May 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Yes, I even tried adding a wait, and then an additional size and wait.
The iMacros Guru

Post by The iMacros Guru » Tue May 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Okay. You said that the PC is restarted daily and set to autologin. Is the scheduled task configured to run as this logged-on user?

As long as the browser and macro are running under an interactive user session with an active desktop, it should work.
magimus

Post by magimus » Tue May 25, 2021 3:27 pm

Yes the auto login is for the same user account. I've tested this by logging in while the script was running and see that it did not change.
The iMacros Guru

Post by The iMacros Guru » Wed May 26, 2021 8:20 am

Hmmm, okay. It could be that the behavior is different since this is running on a server machine, which is typically not optimized for running desktop applications. Plus, I suspect that it might also be related to whether or not iMacros is running while the desktop is locked. When running on a non-server OS, this is no problem, and the browser still resizes correctly even when the desktop is locked (which I just tested and confirmed for myself). I can't unfortunately test this on a server OS because I don't currently have access to one. You may need to try a trick like the one described in the following article on the iMacros wiki for keeping the desktop unlocked on a server machine:

https://wiki.imacros.net/How_to_keep_th ... top_active
magimus

Post by magimus » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestion unfortunately due to company restrictions I can't install that.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:22 am

Hi magimus,
magimus wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 pm
It only works if someone manually logs into the PC prior to the imacro script running.
You already mentioned that the machine is configured to autologin. So, in your statement above, what exactly do you mean by "someone manually logs into the PC"? Do you mean 1) Someone is physically present at the machine and logging in, or 2) Someone is connecting to the the already logged-in session via RDP (Remote Desktop).

Option 1 doesn't make sense, because you can't "log in" to an account that is already logged in, so I think you may be referring to option 2, but I just want to make sure so I have a clearer understanding of what you have tried.

The last suggestion by the iMacros Guru is pretty spot on and I would have likely recommended the same myself. I also noticed that you are still using version 12.0, so you may want to consider upgrading and trying it with 12.6, although I don't think there were any changes from 12 to 12.6 that would necessarily affect this behavior. You could also potentially try it with iMacros 2021 to see if you get a different/better result, but beware that you will need to fully test your macro(s) in this latest version since it introduces some breaking changes and is lacking some functionality that is not yet supported in this release.

Lastly, if you have an active service agreement, I would recommend opening a support case so that one of our techs can take a closer look at your specific environment and configuration.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
magimus

Post by magimus » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:07 pm

To your first question, it's that someone is connecting to the the already logged-in session via RDP.

There's not an active service agreement. I've inhereted this process and don't want to break anything since there are over 50 scripts on scheduler, so I won't go the upgrade route.
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Thanks for clarifying. Having an active service agreement is not just for obtaining upgrades, but it's also for getting access to more hands-on tech support, the type of support that you likely need for this particular scenario. There isn't much more I can think of to suggest without being able to investigate/troubleshoot directly in your environment, which unfortunately is not a service we provide via free forum support.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support