Clear !Clipboard

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jpwags

Clear !Clipboard

Post by jpwags » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Would like to Clear (Delete) Clipboard from within iMacros. Have tried using SET !CLIPBOARD "",
Set !EXTRACT NULL follow with SET !CLIPBOARD {{EXTRACT}} and same approach using !Varx
Will only set CLIPBOARD if there is at least one character such as BLANK , SET !CLIPBOARD " ", which does work , but obviously there then is one blank character in Clipboard.

Understand I can clear the CLIPBBOARD prior to initiating iMacro, but with the many uses of !ClIPBOARD within iMacros would like ability to do it from iMacros.
When making sequential calls to multiple unique iMacros, each with its own use of the !CLIPBOARD, it increases the need to often clear previous !CLIPBOARD contents.

Maybe no function call in Windows 10 to accomplish delete(clear) clipboard?

Thanks for any method, if I have overlooked something or in forums or faq.
Using iMacros 10.1.0.1485 free,Windows 10 1909, FireFox Port 89.0.1
chivracq

Re: Clear !Clipboard

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:29 pm

jpwags wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:35 pm
Would like to Clear (Delete) Clipboard from within iMacros. Have tried using SET !CLIPBOARD "",
Set !EXTRACT NULL follow with SET !CLIPBOARD {{EXTRACT}} and same approach using !Varx
Will only set CLIPBOARD if there is at least one character such as BLANK , SET !CLIPBOARD " ", which does work , but obviously there then is one blank character in Clipboard.

Understand I can clear the CLIPBBOARD prior to initiating iMacro, but with the many uses of !ClIPBOARD within iMacros would like ability to do it from iMacros.
When making sequential calls to multiple unique iMacros, each with its own use of the !CLIPBOARD, it increases the need to often clear previous !CLIPBOARD contents.

Maybe no function call in Windows 10 to accomplish delete(clear) clipboard?

Thanks for any method, if I have overlooked something or in forums or faq.
Using

Code: Select all

iMacros 10.1.0.1485 free,Windows 10 1909, FireFox Port 89.0.1

Nope indeed, you are completely correct, I had also done the exact same Testing (and with the same Results) a "few" years ago, hum 2016-01...! :P , in this Thread... (It was then for v8.8.2 + v8.9.7 for FF, but apparently the Behaviour is still the same 5 years later with v10.1.x for FF.), and again in this one a bit more recently in 2020-03 with some Input/Testing from @TechSup as well, and with v10.0.2 for FF this time... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
jpwags

Re: Clear !Clipboard

Post by jpwags » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:27 pm

Thanks for reply - missed your earlier testing. Seems there must be a hook somewhere in WINDOWS 10 CLIPBOARD to clear it, as I use AUTOIT CLIPPUT "" , where an empty string clears the CLIPBOARD.
Can, and have lived with not having ability in iMacros to Clear, Empty or Delete !Clipboard, but sure would be handy to have in iMacros. Appreciate your good work chivracq