Is it possible to convert my macros to iOS JavaScript code?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
smower

Is it possible to convert my macros to iOS JavaScript code?

Post by smower » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:58 pm

Hello Experts,

I love using Imacros and wish I could use it on my iPad and iPhone. The iPhone and iPad as some JavaScript running options with Shortcuts app. Is there any way to convert / export Imacros code into JavaScripts that could run on IOS?

For example:
VERSION BUILD=12.6.505.4525
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:EMAIL ATTR=NAME:username CONTENT=myusername
would be converted to something like this:
document.querySelector("#username").value='myusername'

Thank you,
Shawn
Tom, Tech Support

Re: Is it possible to convert my macros to iOS JavaScript code?

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:55 pm

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for posting, and for using iMacros!

That's certainly an interesting idea. Unfortunately, there isn't something in iMacros that can provide this exact functionality, although there are other conversion options available with the iMacros Editor to be able to convert/export to e.g. Selenium WebDriver Java Code.

I will certainly pass this along to the team handling feature requests!
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
smower

Post by smower » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:31 pm

Thank you Tom! I tried the Selenium code because I wanted to import it into the ui.vision plugin for firefox but I couldn't get it to work and import into it. Also, did you see that IOS 15 now supports plugins? I would love to have imacros work on my iPad. It seems like it is possible since there is a web recording app on the app store right now: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/web-macro ... 1462849267

Thank you,
Shawn
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:02 am

Hi Shawn,

Of course, anything is possible with the right amount of resources! :wink:

Unfortunately, throughout iMacros' history there really hasn't been enough demand from the Apple (or Linux) side of the equation to warrant allocating the resources for supporting additional platforms. Perhaps that will change going forward given that iMacros is now part of a larger organization in Progress, but I don't hold my breath. There are many other variables to consider.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
smower

Post by smower » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:34 pm

Thank you for replying. So with the Selenium export have you ever been able to successfully get it to import into the selenium plug-in UI vision?
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:34 pm

I honestly have not ever tried it. The ui.vision plugin came along well after the iMacros Selenium export feature was introduced, and this feature has not been internally reviewed since iMacros was acquired by Progress, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are some compatibility issues not just with this plugin, but with Selenium in general. I'll log an issue for the development team about this, but I suspect the priority will remain low on it until we get additional customers reporting the same issue.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support
smower

Post by smower » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:36 pm

Thank you.