EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR problem Chrome

Discussions and Tech Support specific to the iMacros for Chrome extension.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
vdepeyre

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR problem Chrome

Post by vdepeyre » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Hello

Since the beginning of August the following command line no longer works in IMACRO for chrome

Code: Select all

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="..path of selector css.." BUTTON=0
is there a reason?
is a licensing problem?

I have a Personal Edition
I use the chrome extension Version 10.1.1

Thank you

>>>

=> FCI: (Added by @chivracq)

iMacros Chrome Extension 10.1.1, 'PE'
Chrome 93.0.4577.82
PC Windows 10
Last edited by chivracq on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: FCI added by @chivracq
chivracq

Re: EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR problem Chrome

Post by chivracq » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 pm

vdepeyre wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:28 pm
Hello

Since the beginning of August the following command line no longer works in IMACRO for chrome

EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="..path of selector css.." BUTTON=0
is there a reason?
is a licensing problem?

I have a Personal Edition
I use the chrome extension Version 10.1.1

Thank you

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'PE', CR v92/93...?, OS=Win7/10...?

"Since the beginning of August the following command line no longer works in IMACRO for chrome"
=> Hum, last Update for iMacros for CR (from v10.1.0 to v10.1.1) was in April/May 2021, so the "Breaking" doesn't come from iMacros (for CR) itself, I would think, but rather from CR I would think, => CR90=>CR91=>CR92...?, or maybe some Windows Update (not likely...), or maybe from the Site itself (also very possible...)...

No URL posted, then hum..., is your Issue specific to one specific Site...? (and could you post the URL with a "concrete"/full Script for @TechSup to be able to reproduce...?), or "any" Site...?

Hum, I wanted to ask you to test with some Demo-Macro, but I "realize" there is actually no Demo-Macro about the 'EVENT' Mode, hum OK..., strange, I'm a bit surprised actually, I had never noticed... :o

Then, OK, I recorded some "simple" mini-Macro, 3 Clicks, using [iMacros for FF v8.8.2, PM26, Win10_x64):

VERSION BUILD=1011 RECORDER=CR
'VERSION BUILD=8820413 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
URL GOTO=https://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31761
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#post_content88140>H3>A" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#page-body>DIV:nth-of-type(6)>P>A>SPAN" BUTTON=0
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="#page-body>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>UL:nth-of-type(2)>LI:nth-of-type(4)>DL>DT>DIV>A" BUTTON=0
=> From this current Page/Thread, => Click on the Header of this Thread, which will simply reload the current Page, then click (just below the "Post Reply" Button) on the "< Return to "General Support & Discussion"" Link, and simply re-click to open the same Thread...

And..., hum indeed, it doesn't work "very-very well", it runs veeeryyy slowly to start with, and each time I get some "Warning":

"iMacros for Chrome" is debugging this browser
Then hum..., from 7 Runs, the Script managed to finish correctly/completely only once! (out of x7...!), and only by the 3rd or 4th Run, all 6 other times I each time got some Runtime Error, ... which is each time different also, ah-ah...!, except the first 2 ones that I got x2 each: :shock:

RuntimeError: element specified by #page-body>DIV:nth-of-type(5)>DIV>UL:nth-of-type(2)>LI:nth-of-type(4)>DL>DT>DIV>A not found, line: 7

Error: Debugger is not attached to the tab with id: 149., line: 7

RuntimeError: The message port closed before a response was received., line: 7

RuntimeError: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist., line: 7
(Tested with iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'Free', CR76, Win10-x64.)

=> So it definitely doesn't work very-very "smoothly", ah-ah...! :shock: :oops: :(
(I didn't try if '!ERRORIGNORE' could improved the "Reliability", I already find the Behaviour "not very normal"...)

But I'm using a pretty old(er) Version of CR (=> v76, yeah, long "story", but I consider the 'Chrome' Browser "Malware" from its "general" Behaviour, so I don't let it update itself anymore since maybe 2 years...), and not v92 or v93 that you are probably using, so I will ping @TechSup indeed, if they want to have a (deeper) Look... :idea:

(And I guess they'll probably then move the Thread to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum... :idea: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
vdepeyre

Post by vdepeyre » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 am

An example script that worked in july and no longer works in august

TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://monespacev2.concours-general-agricole.fr/
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="m"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="a"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="i"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="l"
WAIT SECONDS=2
vdepeyre

Post by vdepeyre » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:49 am

And the detail og my config

IMACRO chrome extension 10.1.1
PC Windows 10
Chrome 93.0.4577.82
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:30 am

vdepeyre wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:49 am
And the detail og my config

IMACRO chrome extension 10.1.1
PC Windows 10
Chrome 93.0.4577.82

OK, Thanks..., and I've added that Info to your OP, this is the first Info "we" (Advanced Users & @TechSup) need about a Thread, without having to scan the whole Thread to search if that's "maybe" mentioned "somewhere" in the middle of the Thread... :wink:

>>>
vdepeyre wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 am
An example script that worked in july and no longer works in august

TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
TAB OPEN
TAB T=2
URL GOTO=https://monespacev2.concours-general-agricole.fr/
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENT TYPE=CLICK SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" BUTTON=0
WAIT SECONDS=2
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="m"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="a"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="i"
WAIT SECONDS=1
EVENT TYPE=KEYPRESS SELECTOR="body > app-root > app-main-nav > mat-drawer-container > mat-drawer-content > app-create-account-page > div > div:nth-child(1) > div > div.col-md-7.flex_CenterColumn > div.w-100.ng-star-inserted > form > div:nth-child(1) > input" CHAR="l"
WAIT SECONDS=2

Ah...!?, OK, good...! :D

Then, well..., your Script works just fine "for me" in iMacros for FF v8.8.2 + PM26.
=> The 'SELECTOR' for the 'CLICK' + the x4 'KEYPRESS' Statements is the Input Field for "Email"...

And hum, your Script also works for me in v10.1.1 for CR 'Free' + CR76...! :P
I did 10 Runs, and they all "succeeded", your Script each time finishes completely... :?

For the first 5 Runs, I ran your Script "as is", and I "still" get the ""iMacros for Chrome" is debugging this browser <Cancel>/<Close>" Warning I had mentioned, each time, but the Warning "disappears" by itself at the end of the Script when it finishes.

For the next 5 Runs, I commented out all 'WAIT' Statements, even the one just after the 'URL GOTO', and the Script works then "even better", and much quicker of course, only once [1/5], I briefly got the Warning, for maybe 0.2 Second...

Then, hum..., your Script works for me...! :?
But I'm using CR76 and not CR93 like you, that could make a "Difference"... :!:

But then, could you elaborate on "[the Script] no longer works", and give more Details about the "Behaviour" you are seeing...?
What is happening (for you) then...? Do you get any Runtime Error(s)...? Post it/those then... :idea:
Or is the Script "hanging"...?
Do you also get the Warning I mentioned...? Etc..., but "no longer works" is a bit "vague"... :idea:

>>>

@TechSup pinged "yesterday" after my 1st Reply, but it can take a few days before they "get a chance" to check the Forum... :wink:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
vdepeyre

Post by vdepeyre » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:36 am

thanks a lot for your help.
I just found the solution thanks to you.
Indeed it is the version of chrome which poses problem.
I installed the old version 91 and everything is working fine now.
thanks again
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 am

vdepeyre wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:36 am
thanks a lot for your help.
I just found the solution thanks to you.
Indeed it is the version of chrome which poses problem.
I installed the old version 91 and everything is working fine now.
thanks again

Hum, OK, alright..., but hum..., I'm not sure this is "the" Solution, especially for the "long term", you won't be able to stay at CR91 for very long / ever, if you ueberhaupt manage to stay at CR91, ah-ah...!, as CR will be nagging you constantly about updating, and if you use CR "regularly" or as your Default Browser, it will quickly become vulnerable (well, it already is...!) to Bugs and Vulnerabilities and (exploited) Zero-Days... :oops:

And hum, unless you work in an "Enterprise Environment" and are able to control it by Group Policy, (but I guess that's not the Case, or you wouldn't have been able to revert to CR91, ah-ah...! :twisted: ), preventing Chrome from Updating can be a complete "PITA", ah-ah...! (= "Pain in the Ass"...!), => need to disable/kill/delete several 'Autorun' Entries + block several Inbound/Outbound Firewall Rules, Chrome (and 'Google' (the Company)) are very "sneaky", ah-ah...! :twisted:

But OK, I guess @TechSup/@Dev will be able to "confirm" that CR92 indeed broke the 'EVENT' Mode in some way (even if you didn't explain what "no longer works" really means), which will probably lead to some updated Version for v10.1.x for CR... :|
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:09 pm

chivracq wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:13 pm
And..., hum indeed, it doesn't work "very-very well", it runs veeeryyy slowly to start with, and each time I get some "Warning":

"iMacros for Chrome" is debugging this browser
This behavior is normal and expected. The way that EVENT mode is implemented in iMacros for Chrome is by making use of the browser's debugger API, and hence the warning, which is enforced by Chrome itself. (This is also the reason why EVENT mode is not currently available in iMacros for Firefox.)

I do not think that a recent update to Chrome has broken EVENT mode in general, or else we would have already had many more reports about it. It is more likely a combination of browser and/or site update that caused the macro to stop working.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support