I can't click submit until i go back to zipcode textbox and do space then backspace.

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
drudgenator

I can't click submit until i go back to zipcode textbox and do space then backspace.

Post by drudgenator » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 am

Hello everyone...I'm encountering a problem on a sweepstakes website and i don't know how to fix it. It's a straight forward website where you fill out your name, address and click the submit buttton.. that problem is that automating this task doesn't work because the submit button is greyed out until i go to the zip code textbox and do space and then back space, then and only then will i be able to submit the form. In the macro the zip code typed correctly as you can see here
TAG SELECTOR="#zip-input" CONTENT= 90210 Is there a command i can type right after the zipcode where i can tell it to do a space and then a backspace? it's driving me nuts.

simply put, i can't automate filling out a form until i go back to the zipcode box and do a space and backspace, then i can submit the form.

i'm on a windows 10 laptop, Version 94.0.4606.81, imacros for chrome Version 10.1.1
chivracq

Re: I can't click submit until i go back to zipcode textbox and do space then backspace.

Post by chivracq » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:25 am

drudgenator wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:25 am
Hello everyone...I'm encountering a problem on a sweepstakes website and i don't know how to fix it. It's a straight forward website where you fill out your name, address and click the submit buttton.. that problem is that automating this task doesn't work because the submit button is greyed out until i go to the zip code textbox and do space and then back space, then and only then will i be able to submit the form. In the macro the zip code typed correctly as you can see here

Code: Select all

TAG SELECTOR="#zip-input" CONTENT= 90210
Is there a command i can type right after the zipcode where i can tell it to do a space and then a backspace? it's driving me nuts.

simply put, i can't automate filling out a form until i go back to the zipcode box and do a space and backspace, then i can submit the form.

i'm on a

windows 10 laptop, Version 94.0.4606.81, imacros for chrome Version 10.1.1

=> FCI:

iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial'...?, CR94, Win10.
'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' is missing from your FCI...? (... But won't play a role for this Case...)

>>>

Thread/Scenario has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, I'll move it to the 'General' Sub-Forum... :!:

EDIT: Thread moved to the 'General' Sub-Forum, as you've "seen" my Reply... :|

>>>

"Is there a command i can type right after the zipcode where i can tell it to do a space and then a backspace?"
=> Yep, => using the 'EVENT' Mode... :idea:

And I would even expect that "directly" filling in that 'zip-input' Field with the 'EVENT' Mode (instead of the 'TAG' (+ 'POS'/'SELECTOR') Mode) will probably already activate the 'Submit' Button, without needing your "Workaround" with Space + Backspace... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
drudgenator

Re: I can't click submit until i go back to zipcode textbox and do space then backspace.

Post by drudgenator » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 am

@chivracq thanks for answering my question.. Unfortunately i don't know that first thing about scripting. I don't know how to code.. I did do what you said to do which was to the imacros chrome settings and change it to Events. Since i only have the free version of imacros, i can't have more that 50 lines of codes, so i have to go back to the conventional recording mode. It is so weird to me that filling out such a simple form could give me so much trouble. I can share the url privately if you want to try and figure out why automating this form filling is giving an error. Let me know but either way, thank you for helping me.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:33 am

drudgenator wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:35 am
@chivracq thanks for answering my question.. Unfortunately i don't know that first thing about scripting. I don't know how to code.. I did do what you said to do which was to the imacros chrome settings and change it to Events. Since i only have the free version of imacros, i can't have more that 50 lines of codes, so i have to go back to the conventional recording mode. It is so weird to me that filling out such a simple form could give me so much trouble. I can share the url privately if you want to try and figure out why automating this form filling is giving an error. Let me know but either way, thank you for helping me.

Hum, implementing your Space + Backspace Workaround will only take 2 Lines, one for the Space (+ 'CHAR') and one for the Backspace (+ 'KEY'), you only need the 2 'KEYPRESS' Statements, the 'CLICK' Statement is not really needed and can be commented out or removed...

And filling in the 'Zipcode' Field directly with the 'EVENT' Mode will only take one Line (+ 'CHARS' for the whole Zipcode), and you then don't need your current 'TAG' Statement anymore, so the "Counter" for the Lines of Code will remain the same... :idea:

>>>

"I can share the url privately..."
=> Hum, a "sweepstakes website" is about (financial) Gain and Competition but I usually don't help in those "Areas"...
From my Profile on SOF (I had to remove that part from my Profile on our Forum as the Field is "too short"):
For both Sites/Forums, I (ethically) don't help for Social Media (Like/Follow/Comment/Chatbot/etc...) + Games/Votes/Competition/Spam/Hacking/DDoS/Captcha/Bitcoin/Financial Win/Scalping...
... => Hum, I guess I won't be really motivated to help you "too precisely", especially if you want to keep the URL of the Site "secret" to beat the Competition, ah-ah...! I reacted to your Thread and started to answer it "generically" because the Func you want is generic enough for me to post some "Advice" and mention some Techniques that could help... 8)

But, hum..., OK, willing to "have a Look", and I'll tell you if I'm "willing" to help..., if I don't need to register, I don't register/create an Account for all Sites all Users on the Forum are trying to create a Script for, ah-ah...! :P :twisted:
... And also if automating that Site is not against their Site/Game Rules... :!:
And if I have a Look, I will still post my "Findings"/Analysis "publicly" in the Thread with the Script I used... I'll be OK to obfuscate the "main"/starting URL of the Site/Page, but I won't obfuscate/"mutilate" all Statements in the Script to demonstrate the Func I described regarding/using the 'EVENT' Mode... :!:

=> If you agree to those "Conditions" and still want to "share the URL privately" for me to have a Look, you can "fake" report this Post (or any Post in the Thread), you will get some Input Field where you can explain the Reason of your "Report", and then only me (= Moderator) and @TechSup (= Forum Admin) can see your "Report"... 8)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...