Pale moon and iMacros version?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
loveimacros

Pale moon and iMacros version?

Post by loveimacros » Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:26 pm

I am currently using FF 52 + iMacros 9.0.3 on MacOS. FF works very slow when it run a few hours. I've done some research that here people use pale moon. PM dropped all MacOS support from 2021/03 and all download links have been removed. I tired both iMarcos 9.0.3 and 8.8.2 on PM 29.0.1 both don't work at all.

What's latest PM version that works with iMacros 9.0.3 or 8.8.2? Where can I find older version for MacOS? all links I found are no longer valid.

Thank you.
chivracq

Re: Pale moon and iMacros version?

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:00 am

loveimacros wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:26 pm
I am currently using FF 52 + iMacros 9.0.3 on MacOS. FF works very slow when it run a few hours. I've done some research that here people use pale moon. PM dropped all MacOS support from 2021/03 and all download links have been removed. I tired both iMarcos 9.0.3 and 8.8.2 on PM 29.0.1 both don't work at all.

What's latest PM version that works with iMacros 9.0.3 or 8.8.2? Where can I find older version for MacOS? all links I found are no longer valid.

Thank you.

OK, take it "a bit easy" with the Forum, no need to open Duplicates, I disapproved the following (Duplicate) Thread...:
Post details
where can i find older version Pale Moon for imacros?

Post Posted by loveimacros » 06/11/2021 - 22:50

hello,

does anyone know where I can find older version Pale Moon for MacOS? I don't have a windows computer. I can use Linux VM but it's very slow even though all my VM are on ubuntu 16.04 or 14.04 which not supported by Pale Moon builds. I have to build my own most likely.

Does anyone know here I can download older version Pale Moon for MacOS or can share me a copy? Much appreciate.

Thank you!!

=> I will only answer:
"What's latest PM version that works with iMacros 9.0.3 or 8.8.2?"

=> v9.0.3 is NOT a Version to use, completely buggy etc..., correct Version to use is v8.9.7 for FF, and that works until FF56, recommended = v55.0.3, but your FF52 is also OK, at least with v8.9.7, NOT with v9.0.3...!
=> Got the Msg...!?: DON'T USE v9.0.3 for FF...! (=> Use v8.9.7 for FF...!)

v8.9.7 for FF also works with PM27 (sure), and maybe PM28, I'm not completely sure about that... Other Browsers supported with that Version are Waterfox v2020/2021 and [oops, "Blackout", I can't remember the Name at the moment, I'll update my Post "later"] also v2020.
=> EDIT (after the "Blackout", ah-ah):
v8.9.7 for FF also works with PM27 (sure), and maybe PM28, I'm not completely sure about that... Other Browsers supported with that Version are Basilisk v2020/2021 and Waterfox v2020.

And v8.8.2 for FF works on PM26, "I think", I use it myself as my Prod FCI/Env, => + PM v26.3.3. :idea:
(But many Sites don't work anymore in PM26, due to "modern" JS, + 'Let's Encrypt' Certificates... :( )

About finding the Download Links/Setups for older PM Versions, beeeh..., it's not really specific to iMacros, this is "pure" Pale Moon, I do have all the Setups I ever downloaded for PM, but I am on Win_x32/_x64, not on MacOS/macOS, but you should be able to find them, ask maybe on the 'Pale Moon' Forum... :idea:
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
loveimacros

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:13 am

Thank you. This is very helpful. Sorry i forgot i created similar posts. I can't see history before they got approved.
I went to Pale Moon but they removed all links. I also searched in git hub. There's not even archives. I am not sure what happened back in March 2021.

I have mutliple FF (52, 55, 54 and latest) on my laptop. FF 5x is too old and are no longer work on some sites. I have to keep try with different things.

I am going to give WaterFox a try, i think that's a fork from pale moon. Have you or anyone tried with WaterFox? Is it better than FF?

Thanks again.
Last edited by chivracq on Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed for Readability...
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:41 am

loveimacros wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:13 am
Thank you. This is very helpful. Sorry i forgot i created similar posts. I can't see history before they got approved.
I went to Pale Moon but they removed all links. I also searched in git hub. There's not even archives. I am not sure what happened back in March 2021.

I have mutliple FF (52, 55, 54 and latest) on my laptop. FF 5x is too old and are no longer work on some sites. I have to keep try with different things.

I am going to give WaterFox a try, i think that's a fork from pale moon. Have you or anyone tried with WaterFox? Is it better than FF?

Thanks again.

Alright, sorry, I've removed your Quote from your own Reply, you don't need to quote yourself again, this is not "really needed" and doesn't really help for Readability of the Thread... :idea:

+ I've also edited my previous Post, => 'Basilisk' is actually the "first" Browser to consider after (or even before) 'Pale Moon', and 'Waterfox' is/was also forked on FF but got discontinued end of 2020.

>>>

I only use PM26 myself (+ v8.8.2 for FF), but according to other Advanced User @thecoder2012 (same Level of "Expertise" like me), he even "prefers" 'Basilisk' over 'Pale Moon', in Combination with iMacros of course...

I do use v8.9.7 for FF, + FF55 (v55.0.3), and hum, FF55 still works with nearly-nearly all Websites I ever need to use/visit... I only know of 1 Site that really doesn't work (anymore) in that Browser, apart from a few Sites that "pretend" from some arbitrary Version Nb Check that that Browser is "too old"/"obsolete" from some UA-Check, but after bypassing that Check, actually work just fine...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
loveimacros

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:20 am

Try Clinique.com or similar sites. I can list a few more. they are either some button not responding or some javascript can't be resolved.
chivracq wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:41 am
Alright, sorry, I've removed your Quote from your own Reply, you don't need to quote yourself again, this is not "really needed" and doesn't really help for Readability of the Thread... :idea:

+ I've also edited my previous Post, => 'Basilisk' is actually the "first" Browser to consider after (or even before) 'Pale Moon', and 'Waterfox' is/was also forked on FF but got discontinued end of 2020.

>>>

I only use PM26 myself (+ v8.8.2 for FF), but according to other Advanced User @thecoder2012 (same Level of "Expertise" like me), he even "prefers" 'Basilisk' over 'Pale Moon', in Combination with iMacros of course...

I do use v8.9.7 for FF, + FF55 (v55.0.3), and hum, FF55 still works with nearly-nearly all Websites I ever need to use/visit... I only know of 1 Site that really doesn't work (anymore) in that Browser, apart from a few Sites that "pretend" from some arbitrary Version Nb Check that that Browser is "too old"/"obsolete" from some UA-Check, but after bypassing that Check, actually work just fine...
loveimacros

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:27 am

Basilisk also dropped MacOS support since March 2021. Interesting coincidence. I am now searching for Basilisk older version.
loveimacros

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:41 am

Don't have any luck to find older Mac version of Basilisk browser yet. I am very surprised that projects like this doesn't keep archive although those versions no longer support. They should've kept all versions in archive.
thecoder2012

Post by thecoder2012 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 am

loveimacros wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:41 am
Don't have any luck to find older Mac version of Basilisk browser yet. I am very surprised that projects like this doesn't keep archive although those versions no longer support. They should've kept all versions in archive.
Searchengine is helpful or contact the author/maintainer. See the Pale Moon Forum in this case like Basilisk on Mac OSX and version "v2020.04.15" for Mac in this post. Or you can try waterfox classic for Mac.
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
loveimacros

Post by loveimacros » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:05 am

Pale moon owner replied to me that it's not their problem not to keep older version.

Anyway, I am trying with Waterfox Classic 2021. So far looks CPU usage and memory usage is better than firefox. I am still tweaking the script. Will update if there's anything major happens.

Thanks folks. This forum is very helpful.