Imacros stops when error occurs from server

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
zulqarnain

Imacros stops when error occurs from server

Post by zulqarnain » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:15 am

I am using imacros chrome extension to automate my work. Imacros opens a link and then fill some values and click on submit button and again loads the link and do the same. Sometimes an error occurs when it clicks on submit button. And the script just stops until i stop the loop and start the loop again. This error occurs in all browsers, i tested chrome, edge, opera, brave, etc.

Here is ther error screen: download/file.php?mode=view&id=1803
Here is imacros extension while it stops: download/file.php?mode=view&id=1803

I am also using IGNOREERRORS. It is causing me a problem. When i open my pc after few hours it is stuck and waste all time. Every time it stops it is on line 35.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1011 RECORDER=CR 
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.1
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\iMacros\Macros/mail1.csv
SET !LOOP 1
SET DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
'SET !USERAGENT "{{!COL6}}"
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !VAR08 EVAL("Math.floor(Math.random()*20 + 5);")
URL GOTO=My_link
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Donate<SP>Now
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Amount CONTENT=${{!VAR08}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Email CONTENT={{!COL3}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_FirstName CONTENT={{!COL4}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_LastName CONTENT={{!COL5}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Address CONTENT=address
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_City CONTENT=city
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_PostalCode CONTENT=96080
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=TXT:I<SP>understand<SP>that<SP>gifts<SP>eligible<SP>for<SP>tax-d*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Agreement CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=TXT:I<SP>understand<SP>MissionMinder<SP>will<SP>deduct<SP>1%*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Acknowledgement CONTENT=YES
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.5
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !VAR2 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*2 + 4); randomNumber;")
WAIT SECONDS ={{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON  ATTR=TXT:Next<SP>»
FRAME F=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*10 + 50); randomNumber;")
WAIT SECONDS ={{!VAR1}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Pay<SP>With<SP>Bank
FRAME F=1
WAIT SECONDS=3
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Continue
Attachments
2.PNG
1.PNG
chivracq

Re: Imacros stops when error occurs from server

Post by chivracq » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:26 pm

zulqarnain wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:15 am
I am using imacros chrome extension to automate my work. Imacros opens a link and then fill some values and click on submit button and again loads the link and do the same. Sometimes an error occurs when it clicks on submit button. And the script just stops until i stop the loop and start the loop again. This error occurs in all browsers, i tested chrome, edge, opera, brave, etc.

Here is ther error screen: download/file.php?mode=view&id=1803
Here is imacros extension while it stops: download/file.php?mode=view&id=1803

I am also using IGNOREERRORS. It is causing me a problem. When i open my pc after few hours it is stuck and waste all time. Every time it stops it is on line 35.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=1011 RECORDER=CR 
SET !ERRORIGNORE YES
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.1
SET !DATASOURCE C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\iMacros\Macros/mail1.csv
SET !LOOP 1
SET DATASOURCE_LINE {{!LOOP}}
'SET !USERAGENT "{{!COL6}}"
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 1
SET !VAR08 EVAL("Math.floor(Math.random()*20 + 5);")
URL GOTO=My_link
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Donate<SP>Now
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Amount CONTENT=${{!VAR08}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Email CONTENT={{!COL3}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_FirstName CONTENT={{!COL4}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_LastName CONTENT={{!COL5}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Address CONTENT=address
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_City CONTENT=city
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_PostalCode CONTENT=96080
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=TXT:I<SP>understand<SP>that<SP>gifts<SP>eligible<SP>for<SP>tax-d*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Agreement CONTENT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LABEL FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=TXT:I<SP>understand<SP>MissionMinder<SP>will<SP>deduct<SP>1%*
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:CHECKBOX FORM=ID:GiveForm ATTR=ID:DT_Acknowledgement CONTENT=YES
SET !PLAYBACKDELAY 0.5
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
SET !VAR2 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*2 + 4); randomNumber;")
WAIT SECONDS ={{!VAR2}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=BUTTON  ATTR=TXT:Next<SP>»
FRAME F=1
SET !VAR1 EVAL("var randomNumber=Math.floor(Math.random()*10 + 50); randomNumber;")
WAIT SECONDS ={{!VAR1}}

TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Pay<SP>With<SP>Bank
FRAME F=1
WAIT SECONDS=3
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 0
TAG POS=2 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Continue

FCIM...! :mrgreen: (Read my Sig...)
=> iMacros for CR v10.1.1, 'PE'/'Trial'...?, CR96...?, Win7/10/11...?

Your Thread has probably nothing specific to the 'iMacros for CR' Sub-Forum, confirmed by your "i tested chrome, edge, opera, brave, etc.", even if I wonder how you tested in 'Opera' + 'Brave', iMacros doesn't support and doesn't work in those 2 Browsers, afaik, ah-ah...! :?
=> I'll move the Thread to the 'General' Sub-Forum... [EDIT]: Done...

And correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw... :wink:

>>>

Hum, well, the "[Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out]" Error, (that I took the "Effort" to retype, "nice" to post some Screenshots, but other Users can't search Internet and the Forum on Images... :idea: ), you are getting seems to be some "fairly common" Error in 'ASP.net' and 'Azure' and comes from the Web-Server and is served to your Browser as a "standard" HTML Page...

=> You need to make your Script more "robust" for when that happens, for your Script to be able to continue/start over (at the next Loop), by including an `URL GOTO` Command for the Script to "know" from which URL to (re)start from scratch at the next Loop..., even if 1 Loop/Row from your DataSource will then probably not be processed (correctly)... :idea:

+ Adding some "Logging" Mechanism if you want to keep track of the Rows that were processed correctly/incorrectly maybe... :|

>>>

+ Parallel Thread on SOF:
- Imacros stops when error occurs from server
(... With a few Comments from a 'Python' Advanced User...)
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...