General thought

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
GoneJohn1234

General thought

Post by GoneJohn1234 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 am

What are some use-cases for this tool?
Last edited by GoneJohn1234 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
thecoder2012

Re: Can website-owners see that I am using iMacros?

Post by thecoder2012 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:01 pm

GoneJohn1234 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 am
Completely new to this tool, and I am wondering whether admins/owners and such can see that I am using iMacros (or just macros in general) on their website (i.e. is anything posted to the website that would alert them as to me using macros or is it entirely done client-side such that they would have no way of seeing this, including the name of my macro-file and variables)?
Usually you have no human style in this case with your iMacros script. Detection for automated scripts are not impossible but never perfect. (e.g. your script required 10ms but you as human then 2 secs or too much requests in a few seconds)
Join 9kw.eu Captcha Service now and let your iMacros continue downloads and scripts while you sleep. - Custom iMacros? Contact me! :idea:
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:22 pm

thecoder2012 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:01 pm
GoneJohn1234 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:19 am
Completely new to this tool, and I am wondering whether admins/owners and such can see that I am using iMacros (or just macros in general) on their website (i.e. is anything posted to the website that would alert them as to me using macros or is it entirely done client-side such that they would have no way of seeing this, including the name of my macro-file and variables)?
Usually you have no human style in this case with your iMacros script. Detection for automated scripts are not impossible but never perfect. (e.g. your script required 10ms but you as human then 2 secs or too much requests in a few seconds)

@OP, Request to get the Answer by Advanced User @thecoder2012 deleted, => Request denied, the Answer is useful for the Forum and the Community...
Please don't edit/mutilate your Posts once you get some Answer and some Advanced User(s) has/have spent some time to provide an Answer/Solution, (that's the Reason btw "we" systematically quote the "relevant" Content when we answer a Thread...), those Posts/Threads can also be useful for other Users... :!:
(I've reverted your Edit/Mutilation of your OP to the original Content)

>>>

And I would add to @thecoder's Answer/Reply, that iMB (the iMacros Browser) uses its own UA (User Agent), which thus can be easily identified by Websites as being a "Web-Automation Browser", while the iMacros Add-ons/Extensions (for FF/CR/IE) all use the "Default" UA from the Browser...
And/but for all Versions, you can use the `!USERAGENT' Command to change the Browser UA while a Script is running... :idea:
Oh..., hum, `!USERAGENT` is apparently not implemented (yet) in iMB v2021 (v14.2.2.0 currently, June 2022), according to the Wiki... :o
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
Tom, Tech Support

Post by Tom, Tech Support » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am

chivracq wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:22 pm
And I would add to @thecoder's Answer/Reply, that iMB (the iMacros Browser) uses its own UA (User Agent), which thus can be easily identified by Websites as being a "Web-Automation Browser"
Only older versions of the 'classic' iMacros browser used an identifier in the User Agent string to denote web automation. I checked the latest version of 'classic' (v12.6) and it does not contain any web automation specific identifiers. I'm not sure with what version this was removed. And as you correctly noted, the iMacros 2021 browser does not yet support !USERAGENT, but it also does not use any web automation specific identifiers.
Regards,

Tom, iMacros Support