problem in firefox imacros

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
benjidz

problem in firefox imacros

Post by benjidz » Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:51 am

hello everyone

iMacros VERSION BUILD=10101485
mozila firefox versio 106
windows 10 - 64bits FR

I have a problem with adding a macro, as the problem is in the menu of one of the sites. I cannot do automatic data entry because the value changes every time the page is refreshed. The problem is in the menu.
As you can see here line number 3 is the problem as the value "TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-42397-option-2" is a variable
The attached picture shows the problem
The site must be registered to be able to enter
Registration is not currently possible

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=10101485
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Add<SP>Stream
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-42397-option-2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:add-stream-form ATTR=NAME:link CONTENT=link
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ID:add-stream-form ATTR=NAME:channel CONTENT=tv
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SPAN ATTR=TXT:Submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-143-option-3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-7889-option-3
sdsdsdsdsd (1).jpg
chivracq

Re: problem in firefox imacros

Post by chivracq » Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:03 am

benjidz wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:51 am
hello everyone

iMacros VERSION BUILD=10101485
mozila firefox versio 106
windows 10 - 64bits FR
I have a problem with adding a macro, as the problem is in the menu of one of the sites. I cannot do automatic data entry because the value changes every time the page is refreshed. The problem is in the menu.
As you can see here line number 3 is the problem as the value "TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-42397-option-2" is a variable
The attached picture shows the problem
The site must be registered to be able to enter
Registration is not currently possible

VERSION BUILD=10101485
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-42397-option-2
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-143-option-3
TAG POS=1 TYPE=LI ATTR=ID:mui-7889-option-3
sdsdsdsdsd (1).jpg

Alright, good-good, this one Approved, you've come "a long way" to improve the Quality of your first Attempt (that I disapproved) because it failed on too many Rules from the Forum Rules. I think on the [2015-2022] => 7 years I've been Mod and approving First-Time-Posters, you are the absolute "Record Holder" on the Number of Reasons for Disapproval, ah-ah...! 8 Items/Reasons, well done...! :shock: :twisted: :P
(And you've addressed/fixed [5/8], not "too bad" but I may switch to "Shakock-Mode" if you "miss" too many... :|
(=> 1 Qt/Sugg per Post..., next one after you've answered/reacted to/tested it, if you cannot handle multiple "Sections"...))

=> Worth a mini-Quote, this is a "Collector Item", ah-ah...!: :shock: :P :twisted:
Thread disapproved, User notified, Reason(s):
- User didn't read the Forum Rules, too many things to fix...!:

- ALL-CAPS IN THREAD TITLE.
- Non-Descriptive Thread Title.
- All Body in Bold.
- Wrong Sub-Forum.
- FCI not mentioned.
- Screenshot uploaded to some External Hosting Site.
- Error posted as Image only.
- Code posted as Image or No Script posted.

>>>

=> @User, please make sure to read the Forum Rules and to fix all Items I mentioned when reopening your Thread in the correct Sub-Forum (=> 'General' one, your Thread has nothing specific to the 'iMacros for FF' Sub-Forum), with a Descriptive Title, and without using ALL-CAPS + the whole Content in Bold.
Your Screenshot is very useful but upload it to the Forum directly (Max 256Kb), without using any External Hosting Site.
+ Include also the Error and your Script as Text, not as Image only (not searchable).

(FCI + Code posted as Image are not Blocking for Approval though..., but will help to get some Help...)

And correct Spelling is "iMacros" btw...

>>>

Post details
I NEED HELP FOR THIS ERROR PLEASE
Posted by benjidz » 17/10/2022 - 02:51

[...]

=> OK, you've addressed "most" Items I had mentioned, very good :D , but you missed the "wrong Sub-Forum" one, but OK, I've already moved your Thread to the 'General' one. :wink:

Your original Thread Title was completely useless (see Quote), but hum, your current one ("problem in firefox imacros") is not much better, oops...!
=> I have absolutely no Idea what your Pb is from reading your Thread Title, we have a complete Sub-Forum about "problem in firefox imacros", try searching the Forum maybe with those Keywords..., the Solution is "out there for sure" in the Search Results...! :idea:
(+ Your Issue/Case has nothing specific to Firefox... Or is your Script working in other Browsers/iMacros Versions, and failing only in iMacros for FF...!? =. Mention in which other FCI(s) you've tested then...)
=> Can you give a DESCRIPTIVE Title to your thread...? :!:
(This is now Blocking for me to have a Look at your Thread and to be willing to answer it... :idea: )

+ One more Detail, oops...: :P
You've mentioned your FCI, very good, and Thanks :D , but hum, 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' is still missing about your v10.1.0 for FF Version...? (I/We (Advanced Users or @TechSup) need that Info also...)

Oh...!, and the Error is still only posted as Image only, I had asked you to post it as "Text" (also) and not as Image (only), you missed that one also, => could you add it to your OP (Opening Post)...? Thanks...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
benjidz

Post by benjidz » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:35 am

Thank you for all the comments you have given I am grateful to you
Can you give me a way to contact you outside the forum please I need to talk to you
Last edited by chivracq on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Several Layers of Quoting removed, not needed... (For Readability...)
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:41 am

benjidz wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:35 am
Thank you for all the comments you have given I am grateful to you
Can you give me a way to contact you outside the forum please I need to talk to you

I've edited your Post to remove several Levels of unnecessary Quoting, for Readability... :!:

>>>

"Can you give me a way to contact you outside the forum please I need to talk to you"
=> Nope..., I only "communicate" and help Users "publicly" (and for Free) via the Forum... :P

:arrow: => Edit your Thread Title into some Descriptive Title about your Issue/Question/Scenario.
:arrow: => Post your Runtime Error as Text (also) and not as Image only.
:arrow: => 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial' was still missing from your FCI...
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...