iMacros EOL by 2023-11-30.

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
chivracq

iMacros EOL by 2023-11-30.

Post by chivracq » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:26 am

Re-posting the Announcement made by @TechSup in the 'News and Announcements' Sub-Forum, as we cannot make Comments / post Replies in that (Read-only) Sub-Forum... :|
Important Progress iMacros Product Update
Post by iMacrosTeam ยป 05/11/2022 - 10:30

Dear iMacros Customers and Users,

We are writing to inform you that Progress will be officially discontinuing the Progress iMacros product, with a planned End-Of-Life date of November 30, 2023.

What does this mean?
Moving forward, Progress will continue to support the iMacros product and will only provide critical fixes as needed until the EOL date. We will honor all service agreements through the existing term, except for those contracts that go beyond the EOL date. Customers with service agreements that go beyond the EOL date will be contacted separately to discuss their options and next steps. We will continue to offer service agreement renewals that do not exceed the EOL date.

What are your next steps?
Please remain on the lookout for more communications from Progress in the coming months, as more information will be made readily available to assist you as you prepare your transition plans.

If you have additional questions, please email iMacrosInquiries@progress.com

On behalf of Progress, thank you for your continued partnership and commitment.

Sincerely,
The Progress iMacros Team
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
chivracq

Re: iMacros EOL by 2023-11-30.

Post by chivracq » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:36 am

... And a Copy of the Comment I posted on the 'Progress' Forum, where the same Announcement was also (first) posted...:
chivracq wrote: chivracq (iMacros Advanced User)
Edited 15m ago

Arrrgggghhhh...!!!, NO...!!!, this is THE Bad/Sad News of the Year...!! ๐Ÿ˜ข
I can't find the "Dislike" Button...!?!? Oh...?, here it is...: ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Grrr...!, what a pity, what a shame, what a waste...! What was "the point" of buying 'Ipswitch' then by 'Progress', if it's to decommission iMacros afterwards...!? We love iMacros...!

Can't the iMacros Division be sold to some "other" Company that would continue Development...?

It is such a nice Product, (been using it since Octb 2009...!), and there is still a lot of Potential with it, I "expected" when 'Progress' bought 'Ipswitch' (and iMacros) that some AI Functionality would be added/integrated to iMacros, which has "surprisingly" not happened (yet?), (I've been using "Auto-Morphing" and "AI-Enabled" Scripts for about 8 years already now, like I call those), iMacros could have been integrated into 'Telerik' also, didn't happen...

Will iMacros "otherwise" after the EOL maybe be released to the Open-Source Community...?
... Well, especially iMB (the iMacros Browser), as the Add-ons for FF and CR (and IE) are already "more or less" Open-Source, and not "difficult" to decompile, I use myself a "customized" Version for v8.8.2 + v8.9.7 + v10.1.0, all 3 Versions for FF...

Same with 'AlertFox', would be nice if the Source Code could be released as Open-Source, pity that great Product also got decommissioned, a few years ago, I "realized" too late its great Potential...

Wondering what will happen with the ("real") iMacros Forum (not this "crappy" one that needs 10 Redirects and 60 Sec to load per Page...!), that contains 18 years of Knowledge about iMacros, from @TechSup and (Advanced) Users, since 2005...?, I hope it will remain "available", and that Users will still be able to ask Questions, and Advanced Users to share their Expertise... (Been/Am Moderator there, since 2015, thanks to @Tom DiMarco (Progress)โ€‹ from the iMacros TechSup Team, who's been doing a Great Job there, for many-many years...)

Wondering also what will happen for 'PE' Versions ('Personal Edition') that need to "validate" their 'PE' License against a Host/Server, will this Host remain up-and-running, or will their 'PE' Version turn into a 'Free' one, losing all the Functionality from the Full Version...?

OK, very Bad News, I'm very sad, sniff...!! ๐Ÿ˜ข
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:28 pm

Keeping both parallel Threads a bit "synced", => with a Post/Reply from @Tom from @TechSup:
Tom DiMarco (Progress)
3 days ago

Thanks for the mention @chivracq (iMacros Advanced User)โ€‹! It should be equally noted that without your efforts to moderate the iMacros forums over the last several years, it would have quickly devolved into chaos and/or turned into an endless cesspool of spam. So thanks for ensuring that there are always quality posts there with meaningful titles making it easier for users to find the content they want!

With regard to your question about the license activation and server, this doesn't just apply to Personal Edition but to all commercial editions of iMacros. The good news is that the activation server is also used by other Progress products, so it will remain in operation and continue working for all existing iMacros licenses.
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:21 pm

In my opinion this a huge mistake you guys are making, iMacros is currently the only user friendly automation tool out there on the market without any huge knowledge of programming. It has big potential it's just that the team in charge of iMacros does not care about it all these years, just look at all the years no bug fixes were even made and I'm sure if it was sold to a different group or even made open source it get it's life back and make it stronger than ever as there are so many talented people out there and thousands of people uses iMacros everyday. I really hope iMacros get's at least sold to a different company that actually cares or an open source community is created where this tool can at least can get it's life back. From a business stand point iMacros is currently the leader of automation tools there is nothing out there, I have used iMacros for so many years as well as thousands of users around the world get so many automation tasks done just to be dumped because the company does not feel like working on it anymore. Just sell iMacros to another company or make the code of the program and extension open source so at least the community of wonderful people out there can try to at least keep alive.

Are there even any other alternatives out there where you can easily record and run macros without any programming knowledge and have access to .csv files without any programming knowledge like iMacros? Nothing really out there where you can simply record and play like iMacros!

PLEASE keep iMacros alive! Either by selling it to a different company that will keep it alive or make an open source community! There are thousands of us around of the world that have been using iMacros for years since it was born and till this day we all still relay on it and keep a strong community! Ending this product because the company got to lazy is just not the answer to just kill such a powerful product!

I suggest everyone to have your voice to keep iMacros alive!
tusiromania

Post by tusiromania » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:28 pm

that means we cannot use anymore from EOL date ? or will not be any upgrades?
if we have personal edition license or any license, we can't use it anymore?

regards
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:29 pm

tusiromania wrote: โ†‘
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:28 pm
that means we cannot use anymore from EOL date ? or will not be any upgrades?
if we have personal edition license or any license, we can't use it anymore?

regards

No, that "only" means there won't be any more Updates/New Releases after the EOL Date, but you'll still be able to use iMacros... Well, with a Caveat though, see the 3rd Section of my Post...

>>>

Concerning 'PE' License (or any License), I had also asked the same Qt, and @Tom from @TechSup had already answered it:
chivracq wrote: โ†‘
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:28 pm
Tom DiMarco (Progress)
chivracq wrote: Wondering also what will happen for 'PE' Versions ('Personal Edition') that need to "validate" their 'PE' License against a Host/Server, will this Host remain up-and-running, or will their 'PE' Version turn into a 'Free' one, losing all the Functionality from the Full Version...?

With regard to your question about the license activation and server, this doesn't just apply to Personal Edition but to all commercial editions of iMacros. The good news is that the activation server is also used by other Progress products, so it will remain in operation and continue working for all existing iMacros licenses.
>>>

And this is the 3rd Section of my Post... :wink:

Stg else that might "play a Role" in the whole "Equation", concerning iMacros for CR, is the Transition from 'Manifest V2' => 'Manifest V3', (iMacros v10.x for CR (=> v10.1.1 for CR) is based on 'MV2').

And the 'Google Chrome' Team/Devs announced that (starting) in June 2023, Extensions based on 'MV2' will be removed from the Chrome Store (=> secure your Copy, if you ever need to reinstall iMacros for CR...! :idea: , though I expect the 'Version History' Page for iMacros for CR will provide a direct Link to download v10.1.1 for CR, or I will ask @TechSup to provide it, around that time...), but it's a bit unclear if and when and from which Chrome Version 'MV2' Extensions will be blocked, the 'Google Chrome' Documentation ('MV2 Timeline') and Chrome Team/Devs' Blog are a bit unclear and vague, with unclear Language like "Chrome may run experiments to turn off support for Manifest V2 extensions"...

"... may run experiments", LOL...!, come on...!, and iMacros v10.1.1 for CR will be one of the Guinea-pigs, enjoy...!! :shock: :P
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:08 am

+ 2 Posts from the parallel Thread on the 'Progress' Forum:
(... where I also re-posted the last few Posts from this current Thread, to keep both Threads on both Forums a bit synced...)
Delta Smith (Customer)
8 days ago

My license expires in the spring of 23. Will I be required to purchase a new license to use iMacros after my initial license expires? I purchased the pro license because I needed the support. With the inability of the new iMacros to recognize pop-up windows, it has been challenging to get it to work with our online database.
Tom DiMarco (Progress)
7 days ago

No, you don't need to renew your license in order to continue using iMacros. The iMacros license is a perpetual license, which means it will work indefinitely with the version you bought.

The service agreement for your license is what expires and can be optionally renewed. The service agreement provides technical support and upgrades. So, if you think you will want to make use of Progress tech support to e.g. open support cases for the remainder of 2023, you'll need to contact a sales/renewal representative about renewing. You can either use the email address listed in the announcement above, or use the Contact Sales form.
techimac

Post by techimac » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:10 am

speedz84 wrote: โ†‘
Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:21 pm
In my opinion this a huge mistake you guys are making, iMacros is currently the only user friendly automation tool out there on the market without any huge knowledge of programming. It has big potential it's just that the team in charge of iMacros does not care about it all these years, just look at all the years no bug fixes were even made and I'm sure if it was sold to a different group or even made open source it get it's life back and make it stronger than ever as there are so many talented people out there and thousands of people uses iMacros everyday. I really hope iMacros get's at least sold to a different company that actually cares or an open source community is created where this tool can at least can get it's life back. From a business stand point iMacros is currently the leader of automation tools there is nothing out there, I have used iMacros for so many years as well as thousands of users around the world get so many automation tasks done just to be dumped because the company does not feel like working on it anymore. Just sell iMacros to another company or make the code of the program and extension open source so at least the community of wonderful people out there can try to at least keep alive.

Are there even any other alternatives out there where you can easily record and run macros without any programming knowledge and have access to .csv files without any programming knowledge like iMacros? Nothing really out there where you can simply record and play like iMacros!

PLEASE keep iMacros alive! Either by selling it to a different company that will keep it alive or make an open source community! There are thousands of us around of the world that have been using iMacros for years since it was born and till this day we all still relay on it and keep a strong community! Ending this product because the company got to lazy is just not the answer to just kill such a powerful product!

I suggest everyone to have your voice to keep iMacros alive!

Its the best. I dont want it to go.
Available for custom iim, javascript iMacros scripts
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:09 pm

Kind of dumb you guys simply don't sell iMacros to a company that can revive it and keep it updated instead of dumping the world's best automation tool into the trash while thousands of people around the world like me use it everyday because there is nothing else comparable or you need advanced programming skills. Makes the current company "Progress" look really bad for your reputation for just dumping it and not doing anything like selling it or making it open source. I have several licenses I purchased which will be worthless because the company decided to abandon the product. I don't understand why your company "Progress" if you guys don't want it anymore transfer/sell it to another company we have so many bright people around the world that can keep this alive for years to come no matter if Google Chrome updates or not there is always a workaround we can always figure out instead of just dumping this.
The iMacros Guru

Post by The iMacros Guru » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:38 pm

I hope everyone commenting here is also sending their feedback to iMacrosInquiries@progress.com :wink: (not that I'm very hopeful it will make much of a difference :cry: ).