Inputting Data into a Field not allowing Copy and Paste

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
speedz84

Inputting Data into a Field not allowing Copy and Paste

Post by speedz84 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:48 pm

Hello,

Is there a specific function in iMacros to force input data into a field that blocks any sort of paste function? I have a form with a field that does not allow you to paste any data unless you manually type the characters in with your keyboard or click the "Force Paste" Function in your browser. Any workaround in imacros to forcefully have the data inputted?

Like a "Force Paste" option in imacros that when you are at that field it can "Force Paste" the data from a CSV file? Whenever I run my script and it gets to that field it fails to paste the data into that field because it's detecting something is being pasted, only workaround is right clicking on the field and clicking "Force Paste"

It's basically an input form where pasting data is blocked, I need a way for iMacros to "Force Paste the data from the CSV file into that field?

iMacros 12.5 PE
iMacros for Chrome 10.1.1 Extension
Google Chrome Version 111.0.5563.65
Windows 10
chivracq

Re: Inputting Data into a Field not allowing Copy and Paste

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:20 pm

speedz84 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:48 pm
Hello,

Is there a specific function in iMacros to force input data into a field that blocks any sort of paste function? I have a form with a field that does not allow you to paste any data unless you manually type the characters in with your keyboard or click the "Force Paste" Function in your browser. Any workaround in imacros to forcefully have the data inputted?

Like a "Force Paste" option in imacros that when you are at that field it can "Force Paste" the data from a CSV file? Whenever I run my script and it gets to that field it fails to paste the data into that field because it's detecting something is being pasted, only workaround is right clicking on the field and clicking "Force Paste"

It's basically an input form where pasting data is blocked, I need a way for iMacros to "Force Paste the data from the CSV file into that field?

Code: Select all

iMacros 12.5 PE
iMacros for Chrome 10.1.1 Extension
Google Chrome Version 111.0.5563.65
Windows 10

What do you mean by "to (Force) Paste the data from the CSV file into that field"...? :?
"Paste" (from "Copy & Paste") is done from the OS Clipboard, not from a CSV...

Can you post a mini-Script showing the Steps your Script is doing to retrieve the Data (from the CSV) and input it into that Field...?
=> I want to see if you are using the 'TAG' Mode, or the 'EVENT' Mode in Input Mode (Hard-Coded or from a Var ('!COLn')) or in Paste Mode (using '!CLIPBOARD'' or 'Ctrl^v')... Difficult to help if you don't post any Script... :idea:

And if the Site is not behind L&P, even better if you could post the URL... :idea:

>>>

And there is no "iMacros 12.5 PE" Version, only iMacros/iMB v12.5 + 'Pro'/'Ent', but no 'PE'. :?
And "iMacros for Chrome 10.1.1 Extension" will be iMacros v10.1.1 'PE'/'Free'/'Trial' => 'PE' if you can use a CSV.
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
- FCI not mentioned: I don't even read the Qt...! (or only to catch Spam!)
- Script & URL help a lot for more "educated" Help...
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:19 pm

Nevermind, please delete this entire post.

Thank You
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:39 pm

speedz84 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:19 pm
Nevermind, please delete this entire post.

Thank You

Oh...!?, well, no, not "nevermind", I (started to) spend/t some Time answering your Thread, I don't delete my Posts, and that's the exact Reason I systematically quote the OP when I start answering a Thread... :roll:

The Scenario/Behaviour you described is actually rather interesting as more and more Sites do implement some JS Validation, and preventing Users to Copy&Paste some Content can often be encountered on many Sites..., => sharing/explaining how you managed to solve your Case would probably be useful for the Forum and other Users... :idea:
(And/or I don't try to help anymore when Users (try to) delete/vandalize their Threads instead of sharing their Solution... :!: )
- (F)CI(M) = (Full) Config Info (Missing): iMacros + Browser + OS (+ all 3 Versions + 'Free'/'PE'/'Trial').
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:50 pm

Thank You chivracq

Basically it's a form that where the author made the field use security features using Javascript to detect if anything is pasted automatically it will not let the data be posted, it will only allow data typed manually using a keyboard. Yes it's a JS validation security feature more and more sites are implementing but iMacros is so outdated that it does not have an option to bypass it sadly even using Event mode which does not even work anymore in the latest Chrome version. Unfortunately since you guys are abandoning Imacros instead of keeping it alive I had to move on towards an imacros competitor which got the job done with no problem.
chivracq

Post by chivracq » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:27 pm

speedz84 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:50 pm
Thank You chivracq

Basically it's a form that where the author made the field use security features using Javascript to detect if anything is pasted automatically it will not let the data be posted, it will only allow data typed manually using a keyboard. Yes it's a JS validation security feature more and more sites are implementing but iMacros is so outdated that it does not have an option to bypass it sadly even using Event mode which does not even work anymore in the latest Chrome version. Unfortunately since you guys are abandoning Imacros instead of keeping it alive I had to move on towards an imacros competitor which got the job done with no problem.

Ah...!, good, OK, Thanks for the Update... :D

Well, "you guys", I'm just a User like you, I don't belong to the Company and don't have much (if anything...!) to say apart from having a direct Communication Line with @TechSup to ping them where there is a Thread on the Forum they should have a look at..., or some annoying Spammer needs to be destroyed...! I got "promoted" to Mod one day because I was often monitoring the Forum and helping Users, and I could be more efficient to prevent Spam on the Forum... :P
And "we" are all sad to see iMacros being discontinued..., even @TechSup... :(

"Event mode which does not even work anymore in the latest Chrome version.", euh "latest" = CR111...? Okay, don't know anything about that, didn't have any Reports yet... The "only thing" is that in June (2023), it will be a little bit "uncertain" if iMacros for CR will keep working at all because of Google's Manifest V3 which if forcing all Chrome Extensions Providers to rewrite their Extensions to migrate to MV3, a bit like Mozilla did when FF moved to the 'WebExtensions' Framework between FF55-FF56.

"I had to move on towards an imacros competitor which got the job done with no problem."
=> OK, interesting to hear, and hum, you are completely allowed to mention the Name of that "Competitor"...! => Care to share...? I would be interested, and I guess many other Users also... :P
speedz84

Post by speedz84 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:53 am

Try out Ui.Vision formally called "Kantu" It's a bit of a learning curve, but can do everything like iMacros Record etc...

https://ui.vision/