Keyboard Freezes During Pause or Prompt

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
OrkyDD

Keyboard Freezes During Pause or Prompt

Post by OrkyDD » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:01 pm

I'm trying this out and have written a macro to register a user on a site. Here's the macro:

VERSION BUILD=6000818
CLEAR
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
FILTER TYPE=IMAGES STATUS=ON
URL GOTO=http://www.kwoff.com/
SIZE X=801 Y=602
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=HREF:http://www.kwoff.com/register.php
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=ID:name CONTENT=orkydd
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=ID:email CONTENT=orkydd@gmail.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=ID:password CONTENT=orfcpo896
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:PASSWORD FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=ID:verify CONTENT=orfcpo896
WINCLICK X=132 Y=250 CONTENT={ENTER}
FILTER TYPE=IMAGES STATUS=OFF
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=NAME:submit
PROMPT Enter<SP>image<SP>text !var1
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=NAME:ts_code CONTENT={{!var1}}
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:/register.php ATTR=NAME:submit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Logout

This looks to me as if it should work, but when I run it I am unable to enter any keystrokes into the prompt dialog. I've also written a version that uses a pause and gets the same behavior. If I click STOP during the pause, it allows me to enter keystrokes again.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:40 pm

This issue is caused by the WINCLICK (DirectScreen) command that blocks the user input. The issue will be fixed with the next update in about one week.
OrkyDD

Post by OrkyDD » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:56 pm

Tech Support wrote:This issue is caused by the WINCLICK (DirectScreen) command that blocks the user input. The issue will be fixed with the next update in about one week.
This doesn't appear to have been fixed in the last couple of updates. Any estimates on when this will be fixed?