Error When running from the scheduler

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mknoll1

Error When running from the scheduler

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:28 pm

I am using a Java Program that executes macros using a java com bridge. I am able to schedule this program via the windows task scheduler. THe problem I am having is that on some machines all of the macros fail when executed while noone is logged in to the machine and work if someone is logged in to the machine. I need to be able to run this in unattended mode. Any suggestions on where to look to figure out why these macros won't work if I am not logged in. I know that the macros are starting they just are not downloading the expected file(s).

Thank you
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:08 pm

Which IIM version are you using?
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:58 pm

version 4.25 We have not gone any higher because the iim.ini file is different in higher versions and we create this file at runtime and can not alter it without altering our source code.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:18 pm

In the task scheduler you can supply a user name/password under which the program will be started. Did you do this already?
mknoll1

Possible Cause

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:23 pm

After extensive investigation we found that Microsoft updated IE with the following security release:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... 5-054.mspx

It appears that when this is uninstalled it resolves the issue. Unfortunately removing the critical security update is not possible for all environments in which our product is deployed. Are there any other workarounds that you are aware of other than removing this security patch? In addition do you have any indication that this would be fixed by upgrading to iopus ver 5.0.1? I see that the last update was on 11/15 a month before this security update was released.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:58 pm

For a workaround, please see the thread at http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=414

We are working on a patch for this issue.
cfwebmasters

Post by cfwebmasters » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:44 pm

Is there an update on when a patch for this problem will be available?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:20 pm

We are still working on this.

In the case of static download links you can use the "SaveTargetAs" feature as workaround, please see http://www.iopus.com/iim/help/save_target_as.htm
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:56 am

A patch for this issue is available. Please see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?p=2003#2003 for details.