Selecting items by name from a drop down list

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
JEH

Selecting items by name from a drop down list

Post by JEH » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:05 pm

I have recorded a macro that selects a value from a drop down list. This shows up in the macro as follows

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:groups ATTR=NAME:selection CONTENT=5

My problem is that I will only know the TEXT to be selected not its position in the drop down list, as the list constantly changes. What do I need to substitute after CONTENT= to select the attribute that matches the TEXT I supply as a variable.

Any help would be appreciated.
:?
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:55 pm

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=NAME:groups ATTR=NAME:selection CONTENT=$Text Value
my2testing

Post by my2testing » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:35 am

You should read about TAG.
Special TAG Commands for Drop Down Menus.=>http://wiki.imacros.net/TAG
JEH

Post by JEH » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:04 am

Many thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply.

I have read up on the TAG command and my macro is running like a dream.

:D