Run-time error '438'

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jkeeley

Run-time error '438'

Post by jkeeley » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi - I was testing out my installation process to distribute the player to some clients, and ran into an error. I installed the iOpus player just fine (ver 5.01), then uninstalled it. I re-installed it and put in the player license key. When I tried to open Internet Explorer to test the toolbar, I got the following error:

Run-time error '438'
Object doesn't support this property or method

Then, what should be the toolbar comes up, but is just blank. If I close it and attempt to re-open it, I get this error:

Run-time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object

I'm running Windows 2000, with IE 6.0.2800.1106. Any ideas????
jkeeley

Post by jkeeley » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:53 pm

Oh yeah - forgot to mention - the Internet Macros player works just fine, the only problem is with the Internet Explorer toolbar.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 am

If you reinstall the trial version, does it work then?
jkeeley

Nope...

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:44 am

Actually, I'm just using the "InternetMacrosSetup.exe" installation package, and it somehow keeps the player license key in there (registry, perhaps?) so I don't have to update the license key to make it a player.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:35 pm

THe license key is stored in a file called iim.ini. It is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iOpus-i-M If you want to test as if you are installing on a "clean" computer you can delete that directory after you uninstall.
jkeeley

Works with restart...

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Tried another procedure - if I uninstall, restart, then re-install it appears to work correctly. I'll use that going forward.
jkeeley

More information

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:54 pm

OK, so the restart didn't really fix the problem. I found the IM entry in the registry and deleted it (couldn't find the iim.ini file). That fixed the license problem - so when I re-installed I was back to the trial version and it worked correctly. When I entered the player key, then checked IE, it was broken. So, it appears that the key is the problem somehow. Any thoughts?
udovcic

Re: Run-time error '438'

Post by udovcic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 am

Hello.

Is there any solution to this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem when my macro i running IMAGESEARCH in Internet Explorer. If the macro is run i iMacro Browser there is no problem.

This is my macro:
VERSION BUILD=6300218
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
DS CMD=MOVETO X=10 Y=15
WAIT SECONDS=1
IMAGESEARCH POS=1 IMAGE=info_kundnr_small.PNG CONFIDENCE=100

Note: This macro only searches for the image, the page is loaded in a macro run earlier.

When the IMAGESEARCH command runs a warningmessage is shown, "Run-time error '438'. Object doesn't support this property or method."

Thanks!
/Josip