Run-time error '438'

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
jkeeley

Run-time error '438'

Post by jkeeley » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi - I was testing out my installation process to distribute the player to some clients, and ran into an error. I installed the iOpus player just fine (ver 5.01), then uninstalled it. I re-installed it and put in the player license key. When I tried to open Internet Explorer to test the toolbar, I got the following error:

Run-time error '438'
Object doesn't support this property or method

Then, what should be the toolbar comes up, but is just blank. If I close it and attempt to re-open it, I get this error:

Run-time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object

I'm running Windows 2000, with IE 6.0.2800.1106. Any ideas????
jkeeley

Post by jkeeley » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:53 pm

Oh yeah - forgot to mention - the Internet Macros player works just fine, the only problem is with the Internet Explorer toolbar.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 am

If you reinstall the trial version, does it work then?
jkeeley

Nope...

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:44 am

Actually, I'm just using the "InternetMacrosSetup.exe" installation package, and it somehow keeps the player license key in there (registry, perhaps?) so I don't have to update the license key to make it a player.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:35 pm

THe license key is stored in a file called iim.ini. It is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iOpus-i-M If you want to test as if you are installing on a "clean" computer you can delete that directory after you uninstall.
jkeeley

Works with restart...

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Tried another procedure - if I uninstall, restart, then re-install it appears to work correctly. I'll use that going forward.
jkeeley

More information

Post by jkeeley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:54 pm

OK, so the restart didn't really fix the problem. I found the IM entry in the registry and deleted it (couldn't find the iim.ini file). That fixed the license problem - so when I re-installed I was back to the trial version and it worked correctly. When I entered the player key, then checked IE, it was broken. So, it appears that the key is the problem somehow. Any thoughts?
udovcic

Re: Run-time error '438'

Post by udovcic » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 am

Hello.

Is there any solution to this problem?

I'm experiencing the same problem when my macro i running IMAGESEARCH in Internet Explorer. If the macro is run i iMacro Browser there is no problem.

This is my macro:
VERSION BUILD=6300218
TAB T=1
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS
DS CMD=MOVETO X=10 Y=15
WAIT SECONDS=1
IMAGESEARCH POS=1 IMAGE=info_kundnr_small.PNG CONFIDENCE=100

Note: This macro only searches for the image, the page is loaded in a macro run earlier.

When the IMAGESEARCH command runs a warningmessage is shown, "Run-time error '438'. Object doesn't support this property or method."

Thanks!
/Josip