create macros to copy and paste text

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
kissmekindl

create macros to copy and paste text

Post by kissmekindl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:12 am

Hi

I want to create a macro that can copy some text or anything into memory using a short cut key and then paste it again.

ie
ctrl + 1 - copy to memory1
ctrl + 2 - copy to memory2

etc

and

ctrl+f1 to paste memory 1
ctrl+f2 to paste memory 2 etc

please let me know if this is posisble and you know how.

cheers,
:D
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 am

What would be the purpose of such a function?
kissmekindl

Post by kissmekindl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:27 am

basically i want to copy different bits of text from a webpage in one go instead of copy 1 bit of text at a time.

same as ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste but with the option of copy upto 10 bits of text at a time instead of just 1.

ive used this function on macro express before and was hoping to be able to do it using imacros if possible.

thanks.
BOptiz

Post by BOptiz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 pm

If you are good at any programming language it is simple. I have done it in VB for my work.

Try it or Ping me I might help.

thanks