Using iMacros with Google Adwords

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
heiniquadrassel

Using iMacros with Google Adwords

Post by heiniquadrassel » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi all,

I have been trying to automate tasks in Google Adwords with iMacros.

My problem:

I want to write a macro to automatically adjust daily scheduling.

I start in https://adwords.google.co.uk/select/CampaignSummary, the campaign summary. I select one campaign and choose "edit settings".

Now I start recording.

I then click on the daily scheduling button and choose my scheduling options on the next page, in this case I pause the weekends, choose 8-8 for the weekdays, and then reduce friday to 8-5. Then I click save changes, again save changes in the next page and then stop recording.

I remove the first line from the macro that would open the start URL and then the macro looks like this:

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6030228 RECORDER=FX
TAB T=1
ONDIALOG POS=1 BUTTON=OK CONTENT=
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Edit<SP>times<SP>and<SP>bids
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:weekdaysTimeEditorEditLink&&TXT:weekdays
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=ID:TimeSelectionStartTWELVE0 CONTENT=$32
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=ID:TimeSelectionEndTWELVE0 CONTENT=$80
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=NAME:add&&VALUE:Add
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:weekendsTimeEditorEditLink&&TXT:weekends
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:RADIO FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=ID:TimeEditorPaused
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=NAME:add&&VALUE:Add
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:weekdaysTimeEditorEditLink&&TXT:weekdays
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:BUTTON FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=NAME:cancel&&VALUE:Cancel
TAG POS=5 TYPE=A ATTR=TXT:Edit
TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=ID:TimeSelectionEndTWELVE0 CONTENT=$68
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 ATTR=NAME:method:save&&VALUE:Save<SP>Changes
TAG POS=3 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:<BR>
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:SUBMIT FORM=ACTION:EditCampaignSettings ATTR=NAME:save&&VALUE:Save<SP>Changes
When I play the macro, the following error happens:

Error# 801 in line:5 , TAG not found

Code: Select all

TYPE=SELECT
FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=fdaf9cb2992b91f6
ATTR=ID:TimeSelectionStartTWELVE0

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
Arian[/code]
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:43 pm

WHile I do not have an adwords accoutn and cannot test this it appears that the action tag has a key value that likely changes each time you access the site. I would guess that if you recorded the site again it woudl look different specifically Key=fdaf9cb2992b91f6 woudl change. TO fix that you just need to wildcard out the key or change your click mode for recording.

TAG POS=1 TYPE=SELECT FORM=ACTION:AdSchedulingSettingAction?wizardKey=* ATTR=ID:TimeSelectionStartTWELVE0 CONTENT=$32
heiniquadrassel

Post by heiniquadrassel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:57 pm

Awesome! Thank you very much, now it works like a charm. Does iMacros support reg exp?