Scheduler does not work with macro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
feltensteingw

Scheduler does not work with macro

Post by feltensteingw » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:59 pm

I have a simple macro that logs into a web page and downloads a file.
The macro is being called in a batch file, which has been throughly tested and works fine.

When running the batch file with windows scheduler, however, the macro does not work. In the macro log, I'm getting the error:

ERROR: ERROR: Website did not respond (timeout)
STOP: TRAC2ES.iim
Macro stopped after error -322

Everything else in the batch file works. Any ideas?
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:02 am

Do you you use the RUNAS feature of the task scheduler? You need to run IIM as regular user.
cfwebmasters

Post by cfwebmasters » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:32 pm

I am seeing the same errors. The macro runs fine interactivly and from command line. I get timeouts when downloading - only when it is run from the scheduler.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:47 pm

Please see http://forum.imacros.net/viewtopic.php?t=414 for a workaround while we are working in this issue.
cfwebmasters

Post by cfwebmasters » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Do you have any tpe of ETA on a patch? The workaround does not solve the problem in my case.
feltensteingw

Post by feltensteingw » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:18 pm

It's currently running under an administrator account. Would it make a difference if I ran it under another account?

KB905915 is not installed on the machine in question. It's running 2003 server with service pack 1.

Anything else I can try? Other work arounds? I was paid to write this, so I have to deliver.
feltensteingw

Post by feltensteingw » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:20 pm

hey cfwebmasters,
Are you receiving the same error in the macro log?

ERROR: ERROR: Website did not respond (timeout)
STOP: TRAC2ES.iim
Macro stopped after error -322

Or are you getting something different?

Just trying to figure out if our issue is exactly the same. Which OS & Patch are you using?

Thanks! Guy
cfwebmasters

Post by cfwebmasters » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:27 pm

Something similar.. heres an excert from the log...

1/18/2006 4:05:33 PM javascript:open_browser(%20'popdown.asp?file=weeklya&acct=268'); 0||||
1/18/2006 4:05:33 PM http://www.seisystems.com/popdown.asp?f ... a&acct=268 0|save_listing|||
1/18/2006 4:06:33 PM Internal timeout. If this causes a problem during replay, please increase the general timeout.

No matter what I make the timeout it always fails. (run from the command line the file downloads fine in less than 45seconds).