is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shane_cu

is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Post by shane_cu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:29 pm

I want a macro that simulates pressing Ctrl+Alt+A. (then I could have a bookmark on my favorites toolbar that executes KeePass auto type). Any way to do this?
Tech Support

Re: is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Post by Tech Support » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:16 pm

Just to clarify: You want to start Keepass with iMacros?
shane_cu

Post by shane_cu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 am

Kind of. I want to type the global hot-key combination that causes KeePass to auto type the username and password into the page that I am on (KeePass has to already be running). the hot-key combination is control-alt-a by default.
Ravendey

Post by Ravendey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Use AutoHotKey (create a simple file.ahk that will do the keystrokes, run it using CMDLINE)

Send ^!a
shane_cu

Post by shane_cu » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 pm

@Ravendey

For me, hitting ctrl-alt-a is as easy as typing anything on the cmdline. I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to click something that will trigger the event (I prefer my mouse to the keyboard)
lerognon

Post by lerognon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi,

I would like also to send CTRL+ALT+A at a given point in the iMACROS, but I don't understand why CMDLINE would help. CMDLINE would retrieve a parameter but not execute a command from within an iMACROS.

Regards
Eric