is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
shane_cu

is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Post by shane_cu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:29 pm

I want a macro that simulates pressing Ctrl+Alt+A. (then I could have a bookmark on my favorites toolbar that executes KeePass auto type). Any way to do this?
Tech Support

Re: is it possible to use iMacro to send keystrokes...

Post by Tech Support » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:16 pm

Just to clarify: You want to start Keepass with iMacros?
shane_cu

Post by shane_cu » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:24 am

Kind of. I want to type the global hot-key combination that causes KeePass to auto type the username and password into the page that I am on (KeePass has to already be running). the hot-key combination is control-alt-a by default.
Ravendey

Post by Ravendey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Use AutoHotKey (create a simple file.ahk that will do the keystrokes, run it using CMDLINE)

Send ^!a
shane_cu

Post by shane_cu » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 pm

@Ravendey

For me, hitting ctrl-alt-a is as easy as typing anything on the cmdline. I'm trying to figure out a way to be able to click something that will trigger the event (I prefer my mouse to the keyboard)
lerognon

Post by lerognon » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi,

I would like also to send CTRL+ALT+A at a given point in the iMACROS, but I don't understand why CMDLINE would help. CMDLINE would retrieve a parameter but not execute a command from within an iMACROS.

Regards
Eric