Selecting "tree" drop-down value

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
arumpf

Selecting "tree" drop-down value

Post by arumpf » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Came across the following problem.

In the picture attached, you can see one type of drop-down menu that uses an underlying 'tree' structure to select values.

When I record a script, it will code the independant values (ie: 2007,2008,2009) correctly, however it has no way to distinguish which H1 or P1, P2 belongs to which year, so it seems to randomly assign them when playing back a script.

Any help on how to overcome this?
Attachments
ddowns.JPG
ddowns.JPG (11.59 KiB) Viewed 943 times
mknoll1

Re: Selecting "tree" drop-down value

Post by mknoll1 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:22 pm

It sounds liek you need to use the relative tag command. Your script will look somethign like this:

Code: Select all

Macro header
URL GOTO=Whatever.com
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:2007
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:H1 
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:Q1
TAG POS=R1 TYPE=TD ATTR=TXT:P2
Obviously without the actual site to record off of yours will be different but the structure will be the same. THe Relative Tag is designed for situations such as these.
arumpf

Post by arumpf » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 pm

Doesn't seem to be working on first try. i'll try to dig up some more dirt on relative tag.
arumpf

Post by arumpf » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:45 pm

Yeah, not working. I wish i knew what the control was so it could perhaps help. I'm stumped.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:16 pm

If the normal TAG command does not work, please switch to DirectScreen mode and/or combine DirectScreen with a TAG command as in the AJAX demo macro.