What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the Google search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed. This will search the entire contents of the forums as well as the iMacros Wiki.
3. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information:

CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST

Answering your own posts (e.g. attempting to "bump" your topic) drops your topic from the list of unanswered threads, so it may actually receive less views.
reiboul

What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Post by reiboul » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi!

I'm using iMacro Scripting Edition with Java to automate a process of web-extraction, and I wondered why the default output keeps printing VT_BSTR (mane times) when my program ends... Is there any way of getting rid of it?
Hannes, Tech Support

Re: What is VT_BSTR and how to disable it?

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am

Hello,

I can confirm this behaviour, but currently we are not able to tell where these extra lines come from.
If someone encounters the same issue with other programming/scripting languages, please post to this thread. This would help the developers tackle the issue.
DEiMacrosUser

Post by DEiMacrosUser » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:37 pm

Dear Support,

have you found any solution to disable that String 'VT_BSTR'?
I use IMacros Scripting Interface (Version 6.14) with Java and this output String is extreme annoying!

Best wishes,
Toby
srinivas

Post by srinivas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 am

Hi,can any one tell me, while iam using the imacros in my java application, i got the output as VT_BSTR.
Hannes, Tech Support

Post by Hannes, Tech Support » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:14 pm

Can you tell what component throws this string? Is it the jawin package? Then it might be visible in the jawin sources.