Editing posts with iMacro

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
EleP

Editing posts with iMacro

Post by EleP » Wed May 28, 2008 3:00 pm

I am a admin on a ecommerce website and I have been asked to edit around 200 orders. I want to change the text of these posts to "edited" or "removed". I cant do it via SQL because I don't have access to it so my only alternative is to use a macro of some sort. Is this possible? Can I edit these 200 orders with iMacro and edit out their contents without having to do it manually which is probably going to take me sometime.
Last edited by EleP on Thu May 29, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Support

Re: Editing posts with iMacro

Post by Tech Support » Wed May 28, 2008 9:19 pm

Just to clarify: You want to replace the text of the post to "edited" or "removed"? iMacros can certainly do that.

How do you find the post, do you have the ID?
EleP

Post by EleP » Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 am

Thanks, I managed to get it working! :D
Marlon

Post by Marlon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 am

Tech Support and Elep,

How would one go about doing this? I am wordpress posts and I have the same issue. Please advise the forum a possible workflow for this.
Marcia, Tech Support

Post by Marcia, Tech Support » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:17 am

Hello,
Marlon wrote:How would one go about doing this? I am wordpress posts and I have the same issue.
Is there a url where I could see what you mean?
Regards,

Marcia