Specifying browser

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
EleP1

Specifying browser

Post by EleP1 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi there

I have iMacros Scripting Edition. I checked the settings and I am only allowed to set the browsers as IE. Is there a way I can use the iMacros Scripting Edition with Firefox? I know there is a plugin for FF but i want to use the program with FF instead due to certain reasons.
Tech Support

Re: Specifying browser

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:28 pm

You can remote control Firefox via the Scripting Interface with iimInit ("-fx").

Does this answer your question?
EleP1

Post by EleP1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 am

It does. But I don't know how to use it.. I've looked at the wiki and tried the provided code but it just doesn't work. Can you provide an example or two of its implementation so that I know whats involved and how I can manipulate the variables? I have imacros for FF installed btw.

Thanks
jackmacokc

Post by jackmacokc » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 pm

I do it in C# like this:

Code: Select all

Status status = imApp.iimInit("-ie", false, "", "", "", 5);
            if (status != Status.sOk) throw new Exception("Initialization Failure");
You could also assign it to a variable, which is what I actually do.