Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Before asking a question or reporting an issue
1. Please review the list of FAQ's
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki
- it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:14 pm
I am testing Iopus 6.14 and I think I found a pretty crippling bug when running it in IE 6 on windows SP2. I have a page with 2 different forms on it. One form has a name of logonForm and the other is called logonFormBiz. In the older versions I could control what form I was interacting with via the NAME attribute in the tag command. However, when I try it in version 6.14 I have problems. I recorded the macro below that shows the incorrect behaviour. It appears that Iopus is not distinguishing between the 2 forms even though the TAG command specifies that the forms should have different names. I was able to make it work by adjusting the position to 2 but that is really not an acceptable work around. One of the biggest advantages of the iopus software is the precision with which you can specify forms so that if they move on the page or change order they still work. However, this appears not to be the case in the latest version. If this is not clear let me know and I will be happy to clarify anything in here.
Code: Select all
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonForm ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=Username
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:companyID CONTENT=CompanyID
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=WRONG
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=RIGHT
- Posts: 4948
- Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:25 pm
Thanks for the useful test macro! I confirmed the issue. It will be fixed with the next update (around end of June).