Different Names, Same behaviour

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
iMacros EOL - Attention!

The renewal maintenance has officially ended for Progress iMacros effective November 20, 2023 and all versions of iMacros are now considered EOL (End-of-Life). The iMacros products will no longer be supported by Progress (aside from customer license issues), and these forums will also no longer be moderated from the Progress side.

Thank you again for your business and support.

Sincerely,
The Progress Team

Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
mknoll1

Different Names, Same behaviour

Post by mknoll1 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:21 pm

I am testing Iopus 6.14 and I think I found a pretty crippling bug when running it in IE 6 on windows SP2. I have a page with 2 different forms on it. One form has a name of logonForm and the other is called logonFormBiz. In the older versions I could control what form I was interacting with via the NAME attribute in the tag command. However, when I try it in version 6.14 I have problems. I recorded the macro below that shows the incorrect behaviour. It appears that Iopus is not distinguishing between the 2 forms even though the TAG command specifies that the forms should have different names. I was able to make it work by adjusting the position to 2 but that is really not an acceptable work around. One of the biggest advantages of the iopus software is the precision with which you can specify forms so that if they move on the page or change order they still work. However, this appears not to be the case in the latest version. If this is not clear let me know and I will be happy to clarify anything in here.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6140505     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS     
URL GOTO=https://www.trustmark.com/index-secure.html     
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonForm ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=Username
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:companyID CONTENT=CompanyID
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=WRONG
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=RIGHT
WAIT SECONDS=5
Tech Support

Re: Different Names, Same behaviour

Post by Tech Support » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks for the useful test macro! I confirmed the issue. It will be fixed with the next update (around end of June).