Page 1 of 1

Different Names, Same behaviour

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:21 pm
by mknoll1
I am testing Iopus 6.14 and I think I found a pretty crippling bug when running it in IE 6 on windows SP2. I have a page with 2 different forms on it. One form has a name of logonForm and the other is called logonFormBiz. In the older versions I could control what form I was interacting with via the NAME attribute in the tag command. However, when I try it in version 6.14 I have problems. I recorded the macro below that shows the incorrect behaviour. It appears that Iopus is not distinguishing between the 2 forms even though the TAG command specifies that the forms should have different names. I was able to make it work by adjusting the position to 2 but that is really not an acceptable work around. One of the biggest advantages of the iopus software is the precision with which you can specify forms so that if they move on the page or change order they still work. However, this appears not to be the case in the latest version. If this is not clear let me know and I will be happy to clarify anything in here.

Code: Select all

VERSION BUILD=6140505     
TAB T=1     
TAB CLOSEALLOTHERS     
URL GOTO=https://www.trustmark.com/index-secure.html     
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonForm ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=Username
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:companyID CONTENT=CompanyID
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=1 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=WRONG
WAIT SECONDS=5
TAG POS=2 TYPE=INPUT:TEXT FORM=NAME:logonFormBiz ATTR=NAME:j_username CONTENT=RIGHT
WAIT SECONDS=5

Re: Different Names, Same behaviour

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:44 pm
by Tech Support
Thanks for the useful test macro! I confirmed the issue. It will be fixed with the next update (around end of June).