More than 3 Variables?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Topdogie01

More than 3 Variables?

Post by Topdogie01 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 am

Tech Support wrote:Q: I use the PROMPT command in my macro for user input. However, I need to assign more than three variables.

A: The problem is that iMacros PROMPT command can only set the three variables !VAR1, !VAR2 and !VAR3. If more then three pieces of user input are needed you simply run out of variables. The solution is to take the user input step by step.

First, let the macro navigate to the site where the input is needed. Then use the PROMPT command to ask for the first three inputs and fill the webform with these three pieces of information using the TAG command.

Now the variables are free to be used with the PROMPT command again since the input has already been given to the website. You can continue with this procedure until you have filled the entire form.

iOpus Support
Yes this works, but what if we would like to loop back to start of script after taking prompt and call back the original variable that was set before we changed it for the 4th variable? is there a way we could use another included variable?
Tech Support

Re: More than 3 Variables?

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:36 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure exactly what it is that you are trying to accomplish. So you have a macro with more than three PROMPT commands? What does this macro do?