Extrect data but only new added items

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
myle00

Extrect data but only new added items

Post by myle00 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:30 am

Hi,

i'm a begginer and need help, i'm trying to download new orders from my website, however i only want orders that are new and not downloaded already. For example, today i downloaded all the orders which are from 1-9, lats say i get 3 more orders tomorrow and want to download orders 9-12 and not the ones that are already done, how do i do that?

Thank you,

Matt
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Hi Matt,

can you describe the webpage from which you are downloading? Can you post the link or a little screenshot? That would be of great help.

-----
Lasse Clausen, iOpus Support
myle00

Post by myle00 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:06 pm

i can't give the link because it's a private website, however here is the picture.
lets say i got the macro and downloaded all the orders that are circuled under old orders, now today i got 2 more orders and i run the macro to download the new orders, but the macro would download 'all' the orders even the old ones. so how do i let the macro know that those orders who are allready done shouldn't be downloaded again, but it should only download the new order numbers, or from the order number it stoped yesterday.

Thank you,

Matt
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:25 pm

Can you search orders by day? If so just set your macro to pull everything by day and run it once daily. We use Iopus to pull our bank statements and that seems to work quite well.
myle00

Post by myle00 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:00 pm

No i can't search by day, but anyhow some like after the weekend or holyday it wouldn't pull the orders off those days
JohnDoe

Post by JohnDoe » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:49 am

I'd extract the last date and time that each process does. Then stick that in a file and have it start from there.
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:23 am

Do what JohnDoe says. Build a script which reads the last downloaded order number and then run a macro downloading only those orders with higher order numbers. Once the macro is finished, get the script to write the new largest order number into the file.
That, of course, only works if the order numbers are always increasing.
myle00

Post by myle00 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:46 pm

Ok, thanks. and yes the numbers are allways increasing.