Load stop?

Support for iMacros. The iMacros software is the unique solution for automating every activity inside a web browser, for data extraction and web testing.
Forum rules
Before asking a question or reporting an issue:
1. Please review the list of FAQ's.
2. Use the search box (at the top of each forum page) to see if a similar problem or question has already been addressed.
3. Try searching the iMacros Wiki - it contains the complete iMacros reference as well as plenty of samples and tutorials.
4. We can respond much faster to your posts if you include the following information: CLICK HERE FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO INCLUDE IN YOUR POST
Avariel_Elf

Load stop?

Post by Avariel_Elf » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:25 am

I have been trying to figure out which command would allow me to stop a page from loading after a specified amount of time.
I've been fiddling with the "stopwatch" commands but it's a bit beyond me at the moment. I will persevere, however, if I knew for sure if this is the command that will enable me to stop the page, or is there another command (if there's one at all) that will serve my purpose.

I'd appreciate the assistance greatly.
~Avi' Elf
jnieman

Re: Load stop?

Post by jnieman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:46 pm

I have been combing these forums for that exact same ability.

Similarly, my current macro would suffice with the ability to "continue on 'page not responding' error" so that if a page times out, it will continue to read the next line.
mknoll1

Post by mknoll1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:33 pm

Code: Select all

SET !ERRORCONTINUE YES
SET !TIMEOUT 10
TAG WHATEVER YOU WANT
TAG WHATEVER YOU WANT
SET !ERRORCONTINUE NO
SET !TIMEOUT 200
THIs is how I do it when TAG WHATEVER does some kind of page refresh that never trips Iopus as a fully loaded page. THe page may not be fully loaded when it times out but the macro will cruise on to the next step which is usually what you want it to do.

I think that you may be able to SET !LOADCHECK NO but I have had poor results with that since you then need to hardcode in every wait for page to load as WAIT SECONDS=X commands.
jnieman

Post by jnieman » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 pm

!ERRORCONTINUE seems to have no effect. iMacro attempts to continue loading the page or looking for a finished page load status and does not move on.

iMacro on FF3
Tech Support

Post by Tech Support » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:29 pm

Avariel_Elf, why do you want to stop the page from loading?
Avariel_Elf

Post by Avariel_Elf » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:07 pm

My apologies; I had switched e-mail addresses and I did not realize your replies until a few moments ago.

Thank you, MKnoll for the suggestion. It does not work for me - maybe it was input wrong into my code. Is there a particular way or place to put it? LOADCHECK NO never works for me and it's supposed to automatically be apart of the ERRORIGNORE which works when he's in the mood and never stops the load checks.

I'm scripting on a page that occasionally forgets to stop loading, so the loadcheck time goes up to 25000 plus before I get back to click stop loading so the script can continue. That's all.

Thank you for your replies.
~Avi' Elf